My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Friday, May 05, 2006

in the middle

One bad thing about being a middle of the road type person is that it's easy to get run over out there. I've seen some middle of the road type animals, namely the possum, and then usually just the squashed corpse thereof.

This makes me wonder (see how one thing leads to another) what percentage of possums that start across the road actually make it to the other side. I don't think the kill rate is 100% because I have missed a few of them myself, unless they went back across in front of another car.

Possums fall into the category of animals that are omnivorous to even the eating of animal parts that have long ago reached ambient temperature. My eating habits tend to be somewhat in the direction of omnivorous-ness, but I do draw the line at road kill, at least if I'm aware that it is.

I do have some food allergies though, and if I eat too much of certain foods, I will break out – in fat! The word fat reminds me of pigs and since one thing leads to another, the question comes to mind – is hogwash and sheep dip the same thing? Sometimes one part of my post relates to the others and sometimes not.

Here's a word for you - inextinguishable - I would use it to describe the joy that comes from God. Even satan can't dampen this joy; much less put it out - unless we allow him to do so. Usually he tries to fool us into believing that we are in such dire circumstances that we then loosen our grip on the very joy of the Lord that is our strength. God made joy available to us, but it is our choice as to whether or not we make - and keep - it a part of our lives. ec

8 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Speaking of fat, the stomach which I had pared down for a few years has returned. :(

5/05/2006 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

They are funny animals! They pass out because of being scared. LOL Some do fight because one killed my uncle's little Rat Terrior. May have had rabies. They are night animals. God does have a sense of humor! LOL Blessings, Janie Marie

5/05/2006 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I think I have that exact same food allergy! LOL!

I love that the joy of the Lord is "inexstinguishable". :)

5/06/2006 01:07:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

AC - I receive your sad news with much sympathy, I seem to be in a bit of a losing battle myself.

CGS - The bacteria in their mouths must be horrific since they do eat dead stuff on a fairly regular basis.

adannells - The joy of the Lord is not only inextinguishable but inexplicable AND inexplainable, inexpressible, inexpugnable, inextirpable, inexhaustible and inestimable - wow! ec

5/06/2006 07:12:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi MrEddie ~~ Thanks for your comment and I agree that Family is the most
wonderful thing we have here on earth.
Hopefully joy is to come for us.
Your roadkill post brought back memories of my recent trip of over
2600 miles. John counted about 25 or
30 dead kangaroos. He also saw 2 live
ones and 2 emus. I missed seeing them
but at least it may show that we do not have kangaroos hopping in the streets. Cheers, Merle.

5/07/2006 03:33:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - I had read that a lot of kangeroos were killed on the roads down there. We also have a lot of squirrels around town get squished and out of town it is deer that nightly assume ambient temperature in car to deer collisions. A shame too, beautiful animals. ec

5/07/2006 08:17:00 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

Hogwash and sheepdip....polite swear words.

Roadkill is sure a smorgasboard out in Montana. But, the magpies clean things up pretty good.

5/07/2006 06:02:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bonita - Also an antiseptic wash for the two animals mentioned - don't know if it is the same solution though. The buzzards and crows do a fair job on the road kill in this area. ec

5/09/2006 01:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home