My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Friday, February 10, 2006

travel and tag

Yesterday the wife and I were still in Tennessee helping OD (older daughter) with child care, transportation and rehab. Today I’m in Tennessee alone and the wife is in S.C. This happened because of a bad turn in the health of FIL (father-in-law).

A brief rundown on his situation – FIL had a heart attack/stroke a month or so ago – went from the hospital to a nursing/rehab facility. Several days ago, he had to go back into the hospital – then back to the nursing home for only one night – and yesterday had to go back into the hospital. To add to his other problems, he now has pneumonia.

Yesterday afternoon my spice decided that she needed to be back home, not only to check on FIL, but to see to it that MIL didn’t run herself into exhaustion. We then packed her stuff and headed South to meet YD (younger daughter) somewhere in or North of Atlanta. Keeping in touch by cell phone, we finally met at exit 269 of I-75 – in the parking lot of Burger King.

YD brought GM(grunt monkey)6 with her while GM1, GM3 and GM4 stayed with their Dad. We purchased a few items and used the restroom. YD had told me on the phone that GM6 had started walking while we were up here but it didn’t become real until she stood him down and he toddled over to his proud grandpa – that was a real charge for me.

We then transferred the spice’s luggage from our vehicle to YD’s and we both reversed our directions of travel. We both arrived at our destinations at about the same time – 12:30am, S.C. time. Of course the reason I came back up here was to continue helping OD. We have accomplished some out-and-abouts already with a couple more before the day is done. There seems to be no rest for the weary or the silly.

I was tagged at least a week ago by CJ and am just now getting around to it – sorry, CJ.

Four jobs I have had. >Soldier, US Army – Fertilizer plant worker – Facilities Technician, BellSouth Telephone Company – and the ongoing job of husband, father, grandfather and practicing Christian.

Four movies I could watch over and over again. >Little Lord Fauntleroy – Outlaw Josey Wales – Star Wars (all) – Shawshank Redemption.

Four places I have lived. >Itawamba County, Mississippi – Paris, France – Lexington, Kentucky – Clearwater, S.C.

Four web sites I visit daily. >My only regular visits are to blogs and many more than four of these.

Four of my favorite foods. >Chinese – Tex-Mex – Banana Pudding – Anything my wife cooks.

Four places I’d rather be right now. >On an Alaskan cruise ship – Australia and/or New Zealand – Clearwater, S.C. – With Christ. ec

6 Comments:

Blogger Using up the words.... said...

Thanks for sharing that, Mr Eddie.

I do find it quite funny that we'd both lived in Lexington at different times in our lives. Imagine how it had changed inbetween.
Hope things are better with FIL, and you and spice will be together again soon.

You must be such a blessing to the OD though!! :)

2/11/2006 04:43:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

To the best of my memory Lexington had only one passage over the railroad tracks that ran straight through town. Don't even know if those tracks exist anymore. I'm going to hang around here with OD for another week - unless something bad happens with FIL. ec

2/11/2006 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

MrEddie ~~ What a hectic time you are having at present. I hope
things settle down for you and your wife soon. Hope your older
daughter 's recovery is going well. Glad you and your SIL had
a laugh at the jokes.Wishing you all the best to you and yours.

2/11/2006 09:11:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - Thanks much for your concern. The daughter is doing much better, slowly regaining movement and strength. The FIL is of much concern at the present. ec

2/11/2006 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

I will add your family to my prayer list. There is no such thing as too much prayer so far as I'm concerned.

Also enjoyed the poem and your comment on granny. (Covering all my bases at once).

2/20/2006 03:47:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

granny - You are correct - we can't have too much prayer, thanks. ec

2/20/2006 08:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home