My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Saturday, April 01, 2006

birthday

Only a few folks that I have known share the same date of birth with me – April 1st. One is a sister in the Lord that once attended our church, another is the daughter of a former co-worker and the third is another former co-worker.

Consider then the plight of my fore-person back when I was still working, seeing that she had only three men in her cable maintenance section and two of them were April fools.

It has been told to me that on the day I was born - at home, of course, as most births were back then - my oldest sister, with genuine concern, asked our mother if I was going to be a little fool. She was probably six or seven then - I personally didn't realize that prophetesses started out that young.

History is somewhat of a hobby to me (when I have the time) and I looked back to the world scene in my birth year of 1941. The world was either in the midst of war or on the verge, as it has been ever since, though I don't recall doing anything to cause all that.

Before and since, the goal of world peace has at least been the spoken goal of politicians, though, most of the time, they don't seem to do a lot to cause it to happen. Nor will it ever happen by their methods, because real peace only comes from the inside out, and not by the reverse.

On this my 65th birthday, let me state for the record that my inner peace continues to be supplied by my loving heavenly Father through the sacrifice of His Son Jesus. ec

11 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

A very happy birthday! It's evening here but I guess much earlier there - I hope you have a great day.

4/01/2006 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I hope the day is as beautiful for you as it is here in Kentucky.

I suddenly realize that my complaints about what folks say to me when they learn I was born on Valentine’s Day may not be as bad as if I had been born an April Fool.

Blessings for many more joyful April Fool birthdays.

4/01/2006 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

Happy Birthday! And, I too wish some day that all people will wake up to the songs of birds and not the sound of contention and violence.

4/01/2006 07:18:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Happy Birthday you old blueberry.

4/01/2006 09:04:00 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

Happy Birthday and Many More Blessing! Janie Marie

4/01/2006 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

sue - No matter the time difference, birthdays are still the same. Thanks.

SSN - Thanks and you have the same birthday as my oldest sister - it was always easy for me to remember.

betty white - Thanks, it has been good.

bonita - Thank you and those would be my wishes as well.

AC - Thanks - I have eaten enough blueberries to just about look like one. :)

CGS - Thanks and I accept the blessings with gratitude. ec

4/01/2006 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, young fellow!!! May you have many more!!!
See you, Betty G

4/02/2006 02:21:00 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Tried to comment earlier but blogger was not cooperating. Happy Birthday and welcome to the medicare generation!

4/02/2006 03:39:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

boopchile - Thanks much - and I guess 'young' is ralative. :)

TMG - Thanks - yep, I'm a card carrying member, whether I wanted to be or not. :) ec

4/02/2006 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hope you had a Happy Birthday !

My husband's B'day was April 1st. too. His birth year was 1935.

Like you, my birth was in 1941, but a month later- on May 5th! :) so I'll soon be 65 too!

Sounds OLD, BUT DOESN'T FEEL that old!! :)

June

4/03/2006 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

junierose - Thanks - I did have a good day. Your husband and at least one other one in blogland, someone kin to Peter I believe, had the April 1st distinction. I guess we had to be born sometime. :) One of my grandsons was born on May 6th (GM3) and a granddaughter on May 7th (GM1) - they will be 4 and 13 respectively. ec

4/03/2006 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home