My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

snippets

We have had two good rains in the last 4 or 5 days. The pond islands had reappeared but after the first moisture fall they had once again disappeared. Now with this last precip, it would appear that they will not come back for quite a while. While this last rain didn’t strangle any frogs or even move much trash, it did wash out a few gullies – and the best part was that it continued over a longer period of time. Had it been warmer, the frogs would have been singing praises and tadpoles would follow.

YD had set aside some wrapped gifts for her young ones to open on Christmas Eve – they were PJ’s so they would have nice attire for photos on Christmas morning. When GM3 (4 ½) got his wrapped box he was all gung-ho and smiles, after he opened it he exclaimed – “Oh rats, it’s not toys”!!

They stopped by Christmas Eve on the way home from church and we gave them the presents we had purchased for them. Among other things, the Spice had bought GM3 and GM4 each items of plastic armor, with shield, helmet and sword – representing the armor of the Lord and the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. They both put them on and promptly started whacking away at each other. That sounds like how some ‘so-called’ Christians that I have met over the years get along with their brothers and sisters in the Lord.

Christmas Morn, since we had no little ones in house, we slept in until we finally roused and went to YD’s place to see the grunt monkey’s Christmas presents. Since they are still getting settled in their new place, we also wanted to see how the house was shaping up. They still have many boxes unopened, but their domicile was starting to look much more like a home.

The two older boys came to the door and one could tell at first glance what they had got for Christmas. GM4 had on a pirate hat, a red bandana around his mouth and nose, a play tool belt with plastic tools and a holster and cap gun tucked into that. GM3 had mostly the same stuff, plus he had set up a complete farmyard in the den, with farm animals, fences, bushes and a tree.

We broke the fast with them – after we got the boys settled enough to think about eating. After eating, I just found a place to sit, since that is one of the few comfortable positions I can get in – since I didn’t want to lie down. Once GM6 got up from his nap, the brought me the whole farmyard and animals one piece at a time. After the Spice tired of the visiting and talking, we finally headed back home, since her family crowd would be coming to our place for a PM gathering and meal.

All soon gathered in with their dishes and the affair started about 6 pm – 18 individuals, 6 of which were under 5 and two of these were twins. It was a hoot (in the slang and to me the best definition of the word) with the noise level fairly high. It got late much too soon and the little ones started getting cranky – the party broke up and all departed to their places of abode.

Normally being an independent old coot, having to depend on others to help me due to my limited mobility the last several weeks has been different and a bit difficult at times. Hopefully I am learning the lesson I needed to learn and once my surgery and recovery are over, maybe I can get back on the giving and helping end once again. Nonetheless, God is still good – all the time. ec

7 Comments:

Blogger Kila said...

Oh, depending on others--that would be tough. Many lessons though.

Merry Christmas to you.

12/26/2006 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

ec,

Well, sounds like you've had some fun times during this Christmas.

Am wishing the very best for you with the surgery.

Junie

12/26/2006 04:27:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Kila - We had a great Christmas! Many lessons have already been learned about someone helping me - I'm too used to be the one helping.

Junierose - Those gruntmonkeys are always entertaining - at Christmas or any other time. Thanks for your wishes about the surgery, just a few more days now. ec

12/26/2006 07:52:00 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

I'm glad you had a good day, MrEddie - and good luck with finding a good sitting position. I too find this a quandry, as my age is catching up with me too. I'm sure you are in good hands, regardless...

12/26/2006 08:34:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Bonita - I am blessed in that I can still get comfortable while seated, just can't stand or walk very much. My surgeon comes highly recommended by folks that I know. I'm just ready to put it behind me. ec

12/26/2006 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Sometimes God wants us to be on the receiving end; but it can be difficult when one has been used to fending for one's self. Am praying a speedy recovery for you.

And may you have a great New Year!

12/27/2006 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Tim Rice - Thanks for your prayers and the New Years wishes, both are appreciated. ec

12/27/2006 08:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home