My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

note 2

Another short note to let y’all know that the operation was a success – noticed that the burning, cramping and numbness was gone in the recovery room. Stayed the night Friday night – long night – kind of miserable – several factors – came home Sat. and that made me feel much better. Not a very good weekend – pain involved – started turning around a bit on Monday and Tuesday – today has been a little up and down but still pretty good.

I’m limited to only sitting 20 minutes at a time and as you know, that is a problem when trying to compose anything intelligible. Nonetheless, I have been pecking away at something concerning the whole experience to send a little later. Just want to tell y’all how much I appreciate your expressions of concern and your wishes, but especially your prayers. In spite of being somewhat miserable; I can still see the hand of God in the success of the operation and now in the beginnings of my recovery.

Thanks again, hope to be back on a regular basis very soon. ec

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, so happy, as I know your many friends are too.
I know back surgery, so be good and do as you are told!!!
And thank God for your spice.

Betty G

1/03/2007 05:27:00 PM  
Blogger Kila said...

Thanks for the update. Hope your recovery keeps getting better.

1/03/2007 07:39:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Way to go ec!

1/03/2007 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

Good to hear all is going well. Take care. ~ Bonita

1/04/2007 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

So good to hear from you, ec.

A few more days and you'll be back- better than ever!!

Take care! Your blog buddies will be here when you return!

Junie

1/04/2007 05:09:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ So glad to see you back, even briefly. And I do hope that in a few days you will feel much better. Do take great care, Regards,
Merle.

1/05/2007 05:09:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Happy to know you're doing better!

Now how is the Spice doimg? Are you a good patient? ;-)

1/05/2007 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I'm glad to know things are going well, hoping and praying for full recovery soon!

1/06/2007 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger The very nice man said...

Great to hear from you. Keep trusting in the Lord! It's the only way!
Blessings
Erik

1/07/2007 09:53:00 AM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Glad to hear that your surgery went well. Do take care of yourself in your recovery period. I whispered a prayer for you in your recovery.

1/08/2007 05:43:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Thanks for writing a note even though it was probably a little painful to do so. I am glad to hear you are recovering and I will keep praying your recovery will go smoothly! God is good! :)

1/08/2007 11:04:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Best wishes ec. Hope by now you're well on the road to recovery.

1/10/2007 02:53:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I hope you're nearly up to dancing a jig by now. Take care!

1/11/2007 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

To all - Thank y'all so much for your kind comments and wishes - it's been a bit rough but things seem to be a bit better now. My worst problems have not come from the back surgery but from side issues. Not the least of which was a very upset digestive system - I will not go into details but I'm sure most of you have been there at some time or another.

This lasted over a week but thankfully is now back to normal for the last three days. Then was the wry neck - exacerbated by the lying around. This is under treatment by my back cracker.

Main issue seems to be muscle and joint soreness that I had at first associated with the back problem. This was not the case and is a mystery at the moment to my doc. Tests have been and are now being run to get to the bottom of this.

Meanwhile, I am still not supposed to sit very long at the computer and I'm having to do this in short periods. Am posting today a bit about my "adventure" and will do more as my time and back will allow.

Thanks again for your kind remarks and show of concern, it is much appreciated. ec

1/11/2007 01:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home