My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

returning

The day of this posting is our return home day - but the initial writing of this was done yesterday by paper and pen - unusual for me of late. Will be leaving Tennessee in time to get home about dark-thirty.

As you may or may not know, it doesn't take a lot to amuse me and I found great hilarity in listening to Older Daughter and the spice of my life discussing the workings and finer points of stain removal ability of the front-loading washing machine recently purchased by OD and SIL.

Then I checked out the instructions for the machine and found some interesting stuff like: - "Warning, you can be killed or seriously injured if you don't follow instructions". It was almost like there was a gun included in there somewhere - or maybe they would send the mafia around if you didn't obey.

That was pretty sobering, but then came the warning - "Do not allow children to play on or in the washer". Then the mental image that came to me was of some older kids babysitting and putting little bro in the washing machine when he had a really bad poopie diaper.

Under "Common Washing problems" was listed 'discoloration' - one of the possible causes was "incorrect sorting" - the preventive measure was 'sort items by color'. I know that sounds pretty basic but most of us have put the reds with the whites and come out with varying shades of pink at some point in our lives.

For the problem of 'holes, tears, or snags', the first possible cause on the list is 'incorrect use of chlorine bleach'. Solution - 'May be irreversible of rips, tears, and seams cannot be mended' - duh. Preventive measures - 'never pour chlorine bleach directly on fabric' - I still remember that little incident and I don't want to talk about it.

In the maintenance section of the instructions, the problem of 'machine does not start' is listed - first possible cause/solution - 'Electrical cord may not be plugged in' - that would definitely cause a problem.

A lack of power can also be a spiritual problem as well - scripture speaks of "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof...". If God is our #1 priority, He supplies the power we need for living the kind of life we should. ec

4 Comments:

Blogger mreddie said...

bubba - One really has to believe that someone actually did that and sued. ec

1/17/2006 08:29:00 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I just got done pulling a load out the washing machine that my husband and done and in the middle of my precious white bathroom towels was one of his bright blue shirts! I am very glad that the shirt has been washed many times before this or my lovely white towels would be light blue now. He doesn't seem to get the concept of sorting lights from darks, but I will not complain because it is so wonderful that I have a caring husband who is willing to do the laundry in the first place! :)

1/18/2006 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

adannells - That sounds like wisdom and love. :) ec

1/18/2006 06:50:00 AM  
Blogger grannyfiddler said...

one of my favorite quotes, paraphrased, is from Mother Theresa. she was being praised for the power of her ministry in the lives of others. she replied something to the effect of, "God is the power. i am only a small wire that His power flows through, to others."

i now aspire to be a little wire, knowing full well that my connection to the source is less than it could be at times.

1/18/2006 05:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home