My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, January 08, 2006

rr - let down?

A good friend of mine wrote this and I found it very descriptive of the subject. ec

Always put God first, He'll never let you down. He may let you know you're not preferred, and your spiritual lapse has been noticed, and your self-centered split personality needs adjustment, and people you trust don't trust you, and people you don't trust seem to always depend on you, and then again, you might just have to find out on your own.

It's better if He let's you know, ahead of time, so you can foretell your catastrophes, but then, you might just take all the credit for being insightful. Not good - so put God first, and He'll never let you down. Even when it feels like He did, and when it looks like He did, and everybody tells you He did, and you think deep in your heart that maybe He did - He didn't.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing that great bit of wisdom. :-)

1/08/2006 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm. Very interesting. On traget for me: people I don't/shouldn't trust seem to depend on me a lot.

God got me through an installation service this afternoon. I actually didn't want to officiate it, but all went well and it even lifted my spirit.

1/08/2006 06:56:00 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

I'll second THAT. Count me IN.

1/08/2006 06:58:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bubba - That's what I strive for as well.

jayleigh - There was much wisdom there even if a bit tongue in cheek.

SSN - God didn't let you down and God is all about lifting spirits.

bonita - I counted you in - on page one! :) ec

1/08/2006 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi mreddie ~ Good post. I have a
small framed verse on it "With God
all things are possible."
Thank you for your comments on
Herons Nest and your kind words.
Have a great day.

1/10/2006 05:07:00 AM  
Blogger Using up the words.... said...

I LOVE IT!!!
So very true, with wittiness to boot. :)

1/11/2006 03:34:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

UUTW - Glad you stopped by the patch - it took me a bit to find where you had commented - sometimes I'm a bit slow. :) ec

1/11/2006 05:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home