My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, February 19, 2006

rr - doggerel

As I walked along one day
I felt the pain begin,
Between my insole and my foot,
I sensed a rock within.

I cast my eyes around me there,
T'was no convenient place,
To loose my shoe and get it out
And get back to my pace.

On I walked the more in pain,
The rock began to grow,
But knowing nature just a bit
I knew this was not so.

The more I walked, the more it grew,
In size and in the hurt,
Still I could find no place to sit,
So I sat down in the dirt.

Off came the shoe, out came the rock
And I held it in my hand.
I was amazed it was so small,
Just like a grain of sand.

Then I thought just how much like
Our Christian walk this is,
It’s not the boulders, but the sand
That causes us to fizz.

We're troubled by the small things
That we allow to build,
The little this and the tiny that,
Until our soul is filled,

With many problems, toil and strife,
Trouble and discord,
That could all be washed away
If we'd take it to the Lord.

Still we tend to stumble on
Through the heartache and the pain,
Maybe feeling that through all this
Our sainthood we could gain.

It is according to God's will
That we should all have peace
And so it states in the Word of God
That our prayers should never cease.

For through our prayer and constant faith
Those troubles melt away
Cause as we use the Word of God
Our problems cannot stay.

Then we are free, just as at first
To live and tell God's story,
And we can have a peaceful life
And joy that's full of glory.ec

9 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

So many times I start to worry about something and I just continue to worry and worry. And then after a little while I remember to pray and after I do it just seems like God takes care of it and it really wasn't a big thing I needed to worry about anyway.
This was a very good poem. It has a very good lesson in it! :)

2/19/2006 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

adannells - Worry is the killer of joy - I'm reminded of the song "Don't Worry, Be Happy". Not easy, but with God it can be done. ec

2/19/2006 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Mr Eddie ~~ I really enjoyed the
poem. Thanks for that, and also comments at Herons Nest.

2/20/2006 04:57:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - You are welcome and thanks for the visit. ec

2/20/2006 08:42:00 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mreddie,

Such a good poem and a good message too.

June

2/20/2006 09:53:00 AM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

We just need to keep reminding ourselves, the opposite of fear is faith. I find that through prayer all my wories just seem to vanish and are replaced with His peace.

2/20/2006 09:59:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

junierose - Thanks much, it came forth from just one of the small irritations of life.

TMG - Exactly - so many folks miss the fact that they have a choice as to how their days go. ec

2/20/2006 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

Nice poem with a good lesson, as always, MrEddie.

2/20/2006 03:17:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bonita - Your comments are an encouragement. ec

2/21/2006 08:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home