My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, February 12, 2006

substance

It was a quiet weekend morning and my duty of the hour was to tend to GM5 while OD, SIL and GM2 were attending church. I had put him down for a nap some time earlier and he kept making noises, oral and manual. When I entered to room to check on him, my olfactory senses told me that I had a job to do. This diaper change would be one of real ‘substance’.

Said ‘substance’ was somewhat the consistency of caulking compound and I wasn’t sure for a moment but what I was going to have to get a putty knife to get him scraped off. But through the miracle of several baby wipes, I finally got the young one cleaned. He was then re-diapered and put back down in a more ‘peaceful’ situation for the delayed nap.

This reminded about how, in a spiritual sense, I had first come to God all covered in my ‘substances’ of wrongdoing and He miraculously cleaned up my life through the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ and made it possible for me to have peace once again. God is good, all the time. ec

9 Comments:

Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Hey, Mr. E., only you could connect changing a diaper with Gods saving grace. I love it.

2/12/2006 01:10:00 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

There is an art to finding the grace of God in every event...congratulations. Job well done, both of them....ahem.

2/12/2006 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

TMG - Everything is interconnected in one way or another. :)

bonita - The kid clean up very well - smelled better too! :) ec

2/12/2006 03:06:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so glad that my diaper changing days are over. Unfortunately, I seem to be dealing with the same substance in 18 of the 23 churches in the Association of which I am moderator. Ugh!

2/12/2006 03:59:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

SSN - 'Substance' does happen in all areas of life - the art is in cleaning it up. ec

2/12/2006 09:26:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Congratulations Grandpa ~ A job
well done. Not unlike the job
opportunity ~ maybe it WAS your interview. Thanks for the visit and for writing on so many varied
topics. We are so fortunate to have God's grace. We would be nowhere without Him.

2/13/2006 06:07:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - So true, nowhere without God's Grace. ec

2/13/2006 08:48:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Oh yes, I know those kinds of dirty diapers. Pretty much everyday at work I must clean one. But it is good training for when I have my own babies to change! :)
God's grave is so wonderful! I love how you are able to find spiritual applications in ALL the events that life brings us! :)

2/13/2006 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

adannells - God is in everything, it is up to us to see Him there. ec

2/13/2006 11:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home