My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, April 02, 2006

a source

Like most of us, I started out in this life as a baby, but I don't remember much about it. I do remember being a child and possibly have retained too many of those ways and actions. One of the childlike ways I do not regret still having is a sense of awe and wonder at God's creation and His plans and purposes I see being accomplished in our world.

Back during my early teen years I delivered newspapers on a neighborhood route. Across this route ran a small creek that occupied many of my summertime and/or Sat hours. Along it's banks I did much exploring, construction projects and even tree bark boat races. I remember trying to discover the source of the water that filled this creek, but I only got as far as the grounds of a country club and golf course and my exploring ended there cause they took a dim view of trespassers.

As I grew older I searched for the source of other things like joy and peace, but I searched in all the wrong places and the sources were not to be found, just poor imitations. Later I was to finally realize that the only source for anything I needed was in Jesus. The only problem, then and now, was and is making the daily decision to allow Him to meet my needs and not mess things up with my own hands and will. ec

4 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

I can appreciate your depth of committment here. It will have it's rewards. To alter the view a little, I'll recommend the book "The Source" by James Mitchner should anyone love a good history lesson.

4/02/2006 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, so much to learn from you!!! I am printing your post just to go over it again and again. Thank you.
Our preacher preached very practically on yielding to the Holy Spirit for filling today and that is another printing for me to ponder. It takes me a lot of readings to remember it!!!
Is that my age telling on me???
Thanks again,
See you, Betty G

4/02/2006 02:00:00 PM  
Blogger me said...

What a wonderful post! And a happy belated birthday to you! Hope you enjoyed your special day.

4/02/2006 06:52:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bonita - Thanks for the visit and the recommendation.

boopchile - Thank you - and about the memory thing, mine never was what it used to be. :) :)

lis - Thank you and I did enjoy it much. Went out for Mexican and I enjoyed the food but could have done without the heartburn afterwards. :) ec

4/02/2006 10:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home