My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Friday, August 25, 2006

Madison, GA

Consciousness returned to me the next morning at the insistence of my radio alarm. The voices on the radio seemed to be cheerfully telling me that I should be awake – parts of me agreed and parts did not – most did not. I arose to find this day like no other, inasmuch as this particular day had never been before and was brought into being by the passage of time that God set in motion long ago. I’m sure that many of you already knew that. (smile)

The day was begun as usual by breaking the fast with cereal and silk (soymilk), hot tea and scripture reading – thus feeding two very vital parts of myself, the physical and the spiritual. BIL came and picked me up at 7am and we were magically on our way to Madison, Georgia – our work location of the day. A van for transportation is probably not really so magical to us today, but to the Indians and pioneers of long ago it would have been very magical – even unbelievable.

The day promised to be one of a fair amount of sunshine even though it had not made its appearance totally known above the low hanging clouds. A bit later, as we turned in a westerly direction, the large source of heat in the sky started to make its presence known behind us, even though we still went through some mist and under some clouds.

We did not pass through farmland that was quite as evident as yesterday’s route since we are traveling on the interstate. It seems that the only thing the interstate grows is more traffic. Along our route dwells several infestations of kudzu, a vine that will grow over, under and around anything that doesn’t move. There seems to be more of this pesky plant on the left than the right side of the road, although there are small amounts of token kudzu. This is possibly because it never learned to look both ways before crossing the interstate.

The trip took about two hours and we got to work right away installing equipment and the wires to make it work. After the completion of this, the equipment was then tested and after some minor modifications, it started to work properly. We would have finished shortly after 1pm but it seems that BIL had to doctor every computer in this branch of the business. We finally headed for Augusta about 2pm.

With one more location to complete, we decided to stretch out the day and ourselves to complete it also and not have it hanging over our heads for another day. This branch of the business was near Augusta and we finally installed, completed and tested it – it worked OK and we were on our way home shortly after 6pm. By the time I got home, my GGPM (grunts-groans per minute) were very high and I felt too tired to fall in the floor.

Nonetheless I was very happy to have completed this commitment that had already been delayed many times. After some floor time, two sprigs of broccoli, two stalks of celery, two cups of hot tea and several imitation Oreos, I slowly started to come back to life. God is still good, all the time. ec

10 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr Eddie ~~ I see you have been busy again. No rest for the wicked !!
Do you ever have a day just to rest ??
Thanks for your comments, I agree about the number of delinquents being formed. A problem to all, but mostly to themselves. Take care, Merle.

8/25/2006 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

What, please, is a fake Oreo?

8/25/2006 11:55:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - No rest for the wicked, the weary or the silly :) - I do rest, this was just a very busy week.

granny - This is a store brand made to look like an Oreo - the things I write just to see if someone will notice. :) ec

8/26/2006 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

I hope you have a chance to recouperate over the weekend. You've been quite busy. And now I'm going to have to look up that Kudzu plant, if I've got the spelling right. I'm imagining it lining cracks in the pavement.

8/26/2006 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

I think I have some of those days, too. And you know what, even when I don't recognize it, God is still good to me all the time just like you wrote.

It does sound like you are keeping yourself profitably occupied.

8/26/2006 06:21:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bonita - Today was much more restful, even though I babysat most all day. Kudzu vines have been known to grow about a foot in a day and is really a nuisance, especially to farmers.

tim rice - Sometimes I see His goodness only when I look back and take account - but He's always working for my good. The work I did for BIL's company is only an occasional thing and now I can go back to being retired. ec

8/26/2006 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

God is truly good—especially when we can thank God for Sabbath—no matter what day of the week it is.

8/26/2006 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger jay are said...

always a pleasure to read your writing....maybe a book is in order :)

8/28/2006 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I don't even wanna know what a fake oreo is. Real Oreo and a glass of whole milk for me at least once a year.

GGPM, Ha!

8/28/2006 09:26:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

SSN - So true, everyday is a day in which we can worship God.

jay are - Thanks so much - who knows, maybe one day.

brenda - The Spice only likes the double-stuff, even though does only drink 2% milk. She partakes of them more than once a year. :) ec

8/28/2006 10:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home