My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Texas trip

We are leaving the confines of our home area tomorrow and will be heading toward Mississippi. The destination is a rural area about 9 miles south of Red Bay, Alabama – but actually in Miss. Our trip will start Friday morning, August 4th, at or before 7am. The reason for the first leg of the trip is to attend a family reunion in that area on Saturday.

We will be spending the night with my Aunt and Uncle on Friday night. My oldest sister lives there, but all of her kids are coming in for this event and there will be no room in the inn – and there is no stable (effort at Biblical humor). We have a fair amount of cousins in the area and then all kinds of kin will be attending on Saturday. We hold our reunion in the rural community center nearby.

After the socializing on Sat., we will head in a southerly direction to spend the night somewhere round about Jackson, Miss. Sunday a.m. we will continue on our way in the direction of Houston, Texas. We will then turn south toward Freeport, stopping just before there in a small town called Lake Jackson.

Oldest daughter (OD) and her crowd, SIL, GM2 and GM5 moved there about two weeks ago. The GM in the previous sentence is for grunt monkey, synonymous with grandchildren and the number is where they rank in order of birth. If you remember, they moved from Tennessee, about 380 miles away from us, to this place in Texas, which is 1000 miles away – makes me tired just to say that.

Besides just being there and enjoying their company, I am taking tools to help them get settled in and customize the house somewhat to suit them better. This has to do with adding some telephone jacks, misc. electrical jobs and then some projects on the outside. These type projects are helpful to them and enjoyable and rewarding to me.

Hopefully by the time we get there, their computer will be connected and functioning properly and I can blog from my laptop as per normal – if it is hit or miss, it will be some malfunction in that area. If you are of the praying sort, I express an interest in your prayers for our safety on the long journey there and back. We will be there at least a week. ec

11 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

Surely you know that you are the best kind of houseguest - one who brings tools, and anticipates home repair projects. My Dad was like that, and every time he came to visit, his repairs were so gratefully appreciated.

Have a safe, happy journey, and I hope the weather and roads are in your favor.

8/03/2006 09:13:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bonita - Thanks, I usually have a good time wherever I go, even with projects and chores - God has helped me much with my attitude over the years. ec

8/03/2006 09:32:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Have a safe journey and enjoy! Wave at me to the west when you're in northern Mississippi. I'm just across the bridge near Helena, AR.

8/03/2006 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

My dad was like that too and so was the boys' dad. They could do anything.

Have a safe journey. Of course I'll add to you to the prayer list.

And thanks for the comment on refrigerator blindness. It seems to be universal.

8/04/2006 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Helena AR? I need to check this out.

8/04/2006 12:19:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

brenda - I have kin in AR - I think they are down close to Lousiana. They have some pretty large farms over there.

granny - My older brother and I have more fun working together than most folks have at play. ec

8/04/2006 07:02:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hello Mr Eddie ~ I hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy the reunion
and seeing all the rellies.
And then on to your daughte's house to help them get settled in. I wish you a safe trip and return shortly.
Thanks for your comments. At least you seem to know what a spanner is. wrench
Take care driving and enjoy, Merle.

8/04/2006 07:03:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Enjoy the trip and the time with your family.

8/04/2006 09:14:00 AM  
Blogger ann said...

hi mr eddie! i, too, am traveling, but in the opposite direction - i'm headed to jacksonville for some quiet time with the Lord.

may He go before you, travel with you, and grant you safe passage there and back - you and your rellies!

8/04/2006 01:34:00 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mreddie and wife,

Sorry I wasn't around for your departure. Here's hoping you're having a safe and fun trip.
And of course I'll think of you in my prayers too!

JunieRose

8/05/2006 09:10:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - So far the trip has been a bit tiring - the driving part - but enjoyable. Years ago I learned what a spanner was when I worked with a bunch of British guys in the army.

AC - Thanks much - so far, so good.

ann - Hope you have a safe one as well. We spent Saturday night in Baton Rouge.

junierose - Thanks, much fun so far, I'm writing to fill all in on the trip. ec

8/08/2006 12:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home