My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

sitting

The breaking of the dawn was not heard by me but I know it did happen because it was mostly light when I arose. I had moved from the bed to the recliner about 3:30am because of a cough and not being able to sleep. Fortunately the position of the recliner eased off the cough and the couple of hours sleep were very much welcomed by my body. The fast was then broken and I partook of scripture as well. Then I did some writing and checked my email as is my usual pattern.

A little later in the morning, I trucked down to check the mail and pick up a few items at the grocery. I went to get two items and wound up with three bags full and over 30 dollars spent. This does happen to me quite a bit, especially if I happen to be hungry. Almost back home it suddenly dawned on me that I had forgotten one of the main stops – the pharmacy. Went back and picked up the necessary item for the Spice – the use of which is required on her dental surgery site.

Back home and after a bit of lunch I made my way outside to the garden area to hunt and rip out more brambles. Had a very productive hour or so but still didn’t get through. Had to come in to clean up and go sit with the local gruntmonkeys. GM1 is in the school band and they had a concert that night. She wanted her Mom and Dad to be there and I was glad to help out. They didn’t think the music the three boys would have added to the concert would have been very harmonious.

When I arrived they were still in the full throes of their supper – spaghetti. Shortly YD, SSIL and GM1 left for the concert and after much coaxing and cajoling the boys finally finished all they were going to eat. Then the spaghetti stains were cleaned from the two younger lads but the older was surprised that he even had these supper colors left there. He had to go check for himself and then clean his own mouth – mister independent. GM3 then wanted to watch a VHS video and their viewing equipment was set up for DVD and I didn’t know how to change it over. GM3 made an effort to change it himself but was unsuccessful so we decided to just play games.

I had taken my small portable audio recorder for just such a lapse in the action and we made some recordings of each of them. This kept them occupied for a while and they smiled very big to hear themselves speak back through this instrument. I also had an emergency balloon for further entertainment. After this was blown up, I released it to fly around a few seconds and it so startled GM6 that he had to be reassured a bit. It was then tied off and batted around the room. But then only the older one was getting the action so the game was changed for each one to take a turn while the others sat on the couch.

This lasted until bedtime and we went upstairs, got teeth brushed and a story was read to them – actually a chapter in Tom Sawyer. Then they were prayed with and put down for the night. I went back downstairs and sat on the steps, gazing at the evening sky. The sun had already set but the sky was still light and I watched this sight and communed my appreciation to my Maker. ec

PS – I have been tagged to choose five bloggers whose writings make me think. These are anvilcloud, whatsupdownsouth, momto3cubs, diary of humanity and adannells.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Another delightful day in the life of EC. And thank you for mentioning me in your blog!

4/19/2007 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sounds like you had a very nice day, ec!

Junie

4/19/2007 07:02:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Brenda - It was a good day and being around those gruntmonkeys is a hoot in itself. Each one is a character of a different sort.

Junierose - This retirement thing is the best job I've ever had - especially now that I am feeling a little better health wise. ec

4/19/2007 10:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home