My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

control

It was a day like many others in that as soon as the sun came up, it got light. It was also a bit similar in that I was to keep a gruntmonkey for the morning – GM6. I had slept as late as I could and still get up and dressed for the arrival of the little one. I had already taken my meds and vitamins and got my morning cereal ready when GM6 arrived at the home front.

I walked out to receive him since YD was on a tight schedule to get GM1 to her school on time. As we walked back into the house, the first thing he said was “I want to see the penguin”. This is an oft-used phrase that meant he wanted to go to my computer and play the Yeti batting game. This is a program in which the penguin jumps off the top of a cliff and the Yeti hits it with a club like a baseball to see how far it will go – all the while the penguin is yelling “wheeeeee” – you had to be there.

We proceeded into the kitchen to the end of the counter where my laptop is set up and where I usually do my morning scripture reading from the Bible software loaded therein. I sat, got him on one knee and he very patiently (for him) waited for me to finish my scripture – I read it out loud to him to try to keep his attention. When I got through, we batted the penguin around for a while. Then it was on to the doghouse puzzle until he tired of that.

Then we went to my other computer for the Santa puzzle. Then we viewed a couple of Christmas cards that adds to the scenery as one clicks on certain items. There was a short video that we had to watch at least three times. We went down to the basement, the location of the toy box and also an air hockey table. The first thing he wanted to do was to play air hockey, as I suspected he would.

It is not that he knows anything about the game; he just likes to hit the puck back and forth. He tired of this and went to the toy box for a while and I sat down for a rest. This rest had hardly started when he decided he wanted to go back upstairs. We then played a scaled down version of soccer with a smaller ball and only using hands in deference to all the things that could be knocked off and broken.

He then decided he wanted some Yoo-Hoo chocolate drink and some peanuts. I got him the drink and the peanuts were the roasted in the shell kind so I had to shell them. He was cramming them in about as fast as I could shell. It was sometime during this process that his Mom came for him on her way to get GM3 from K5. I passed him back to his Mom’s care and I proceeded to sit down – something that I had not done nearly enough of that morning.

The Spice came in after they had departed; she had been for an appointment and briefly stopped in at the hospital to check on her Mom. Her Mom collapsed in church on Sunday, got a ride in an ambulance to the ER, has been in the hospital since and they still haven’t determined the exact problem that caused the episode. The family has spent much time in that very tiring institution.

We do not know what the future holds with her Mom but we do know the One who holds the future and I know that He is in control, even in this uncertain situation. God is good, all the time! ec

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You had quite a morning, Mr. E. I've added the Spice's mom to my prayer list.

1/31/2008 08:00:00 PM  
Blogger ancient one said...

Hope Spice's mom gets along ok. You had a busy time with your GM, didn't you? That will keep you young...LOL

1/31/2008 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Kila said...

My boys love that penguin game! Makes them laugh hysterically.

I'll pray for Spice's mom.

2/02/2008 12:24:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

SSN - Thanks for the prayers, MIL is now home and doing better.

ancient one - It is always a busy time with those three little mousketeers.

kila - The penguin game is a favorite with these three boy grunts as well. Thanks for the prayers. ec

2/05/2008 11:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home