My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Fire at the Fort.

A few evenings ago the local grandsons were over for much fun riding the small electric truck and playing on the trampoline and swings. After hotdogs, SSIL, GM3, GM4, GM6 and I went down to Fort Gruntmonkey at the pond. It was dark and even though it was still very warm we cranked up a small bonfire within the Fort walls – made of stacked firewood.

They were fascinated by the fire but more interested in throwing rocks in the pond. A major effort on the GMs part was to be able to skip a stone. The oldest, GM3, finally got a few to skip and he was appropriately proud of his achievements. The other two young ones were just happy to see the splashes. May they always enjoy the simple things of life and not complicate everything like grownups.

The GMs were quite fascinated by the several toads we found hopping about in the dark. I’m sure these insect eaters were wondering about the bright flashlight shining on them while they were on their evening hop. SSIL even espied a shoulder-less creature that slithered into the firewood stack when it was discovered.

It was quite likely non-poisonous since it didn’t get all belligerent and such – I will be on the lookout just in case. If it is poisonous, it will likely wake up dead one day soon – if not it will be live and let live. It was soon time for the young ones to crash but I got the distinct feeling that they enjoyed their stay on Blueberry Hill.

All relationships, particularly the family ones are such a blessing from God. I equate relationships more to wealth than I would any monetary consideration – I consider my family and friends real riches. ec

5 Comments:

Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mr Eddie,

I enjoyed reading this post of your time spent with your grandsons!

We've had such times with ours in the past and they are among my most treasured memories!

Thanks for sharing,

Junie

8/28/2010 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger ancient one said...

It's been awhile... thought I'd check in on you... hope all is well..

11/28/2010 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hello Mr. Eddie ~~ Just a note to wish you a very Happy Birthday for
tomorrow 1st April. I notice you haven't been blogging. I hope that doesn't mean you have been unwell.
Maybe just busy. I hope all is well with you and your family. Have a lovely day. Best Wishes, Merle.

3/31/2011 04:06:00 AM  
Blogger ancient one said...

Miss ya... Hope all is well with you and your family...

9/13/2011 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger ancient one said...

miss ya!

10/03/2013 07:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home