My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Monday, January 25, 2010

TX 0110

Looking back in time just a bit, the Spice and I had been on an emotionally exhausting ride since the passing of her Mom. So many things to do and so many things to bring to a conclusion concerning that. With most of the urgent matters taken care of we put the rest on hold and were going to get out of Dodge – actually Clearwater, SC. We were going to TX to visit with OD and clan for about two weeks.

On the last day of ’09 we loaded up our luggage in the van of BIL and he drove us to the airport. I was a bit apprehensive about going through security after the scare up north but we breezed right through. The plane out of Augusta was on time and we arrived in ATL on schedule. The flight to Houston was uneventful except for being a little rough in spots. The view was awesome above the clouds – God does all things well.

OD, along with GM2 and GM5, met us at Houston-Hobby and drove us the hour south to their home. 4PM Texas time found the Spice and I in Lake Jackson for a 13 day visit with our TX clan. This would be the first time in several years that we would welcome in the New Year with these loved ones. We watched the ball drop in NYC – on TV – and I crashed for the night, even though it was still only 11PM in TX.

We celebrated the first day of 2010 in a very low-key manner, even though we did use part of it to also celebrate the Christmas we missed with them. I mostly just sat around and ate – OK, I did watch a lot of football. I didn’t mind the great vittles but some more moving around would be necessary for the maintenance of the physical parts of me. Also involved was much needed relaxing.

I entered the new year with the thoughts in mind of Phil. 3:13b-14 – “. . . forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” In Christ alone do I find hope for tomorrow. ec

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home