My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

bounce

Here I am, several years past the age of 60 and have absolutely no idea how a person of that age is supposed to act. Let me add here that I have yet to get a handle of the years following 50 - - or even 40 - - this could be called unresolved aging and doesn't sound quite as style cramping as the regular kind.

This leaves me in a quandary (which is somewhat like a quarry, except the rock and hard place you are between is of the mental variety) and maybe on the horns of a dilemma (which also can be very serious, dependent upon what is attached to the other end of the horns) as to how I can possibly answer this nearly unanswerable question as to how I should act.

Maybe it all depends on how my body reacts to the law of diminishing returns. The way I explain that law is by comparing it to bouncing a ball - - first you throw a ball downward toward a hard surface, when it strikes said surface, it bounces back upward relatively high - - if you don't touch the ball again, the next bounce will not be so high, and each bounce will continue to lessen in height until it stops. (If this is not the right law, please be kind and not correct your elder - since I am that to most everyone, or so it seems.)

Several lessons can be had from that illustration. 1- Some days the bounce is higher than others. 2- The physical condition of the ball (or person) governs how high and how long the bounce will continue. 3- There must be some reason or force to start the bounce each morning. 4- When the bouncing stops, it's all over unless a much higher force starts the bouncing process again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home