My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, January 22, 2006

rapping

Life don’t happen just like it’s planned
And can come apart like a rubber band
Ever’ thang can’t be anticipated
And our problems seem to be exacerbated
But the very ones trying to advise –
They seem to add to our demise
Consider then – what does motivate
The advice we hear, is it love or hate
Ever’ problem has an answer – that’s a fact
If you know where to go, and how to act
Satan just wants your soul to freeze
But that’s when we have to get on our knees
We don’t need a lot of consternation
And can live a life of anticipation
‘cause you can’t name or number all He’ll do for you
If you believe His Word and to Him be true. ec


PS – satan’s soul-freezing desire thing is somewhat correct while we are alive – after death, it changes temperatures dramatically.

11 Comments:

Blogger MilkMaid said...

Did you write that ec???

Thanks...I needed to read this today...carol

1/22/2006 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

MM - Thanks - and yes, I did write it, couldn't you see that little bit of silly in it? :) ec

1/22/2006 03:17:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good writing! I once wrote a "rap" that I used in a sermon. I don't think I could do it again.

1/22/2006 04:12:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

SSN - Thanks, it was just the mood I was in on that particular day. ec

1/22/2006 05:05:00 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

Now, rap is an acquired taste, but I like what you've done here. Pretty clear ending there, too, MrEddie. Very nice...

1/22/2006 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Congrats on your Rap Poem. I have printed it, and particularly like your postscript. I do not like
Rap, but the poem was great.
Thanks for visiting Herons Nest.

1/22/2006 08:36:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bonita - Thanks - my inspiration (?) varies and bounces from moment to moment. :)

merle - Don't care for rap either, unless I can guide the message. Thanks. ec

1/22/2006 09:42:00 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Good one, I'm a sucker for rhyming poetry, not that other stuff, even your rapp.

1/23/2006 06:25:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

peter - Thanks - I don't indulge in that much, just when I get "wild and Crazy". :) ec

1/23/2006 07:12:00 AM  
Blogger grannyfiddler said...

i want to play the spoons along with it, and get someone on a jug to do some bass.

waddya think... bluegrass rap!?

1/23/2006 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

grannyfiddler - Now that would be a sight - and a sound! It might make more sense than some of the music they have out now though. ec

1/23/2006 05:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home