My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Friday, February 24, 2006

rr - baloney

No matter how it's spelled on the package, there has never been a "g" in all the baloney sandwiches I have eaten over the years. It almost puts me off my feed (nearly kills my appetite - if that's possible) to think that the very company that makes the stuff has spelled it wrong for all this time.

Maybe they eat bologna up north somewhere, and possibly that word is a foreign word that means ground up and jelled miscellaneous meat and animal parts. If that were the case, I certainly wouldn't want to offend any ethnic group by making disparaging remarks about the name of their product.

But could it just be government regulation that defines this bologna meat product as being made only from certain parts of an animal - like from the horns to the tip of the nose and everything in between. Then if another part of the animal was used, they would have to use another foreign name to describe that.

It just seems to me that since we have consumed such a tonnage of the stuff over the years in this part of the country, that they could at least be allowed to print it's real name on the package.

This reminds me of an old saying, qualified as such by the facts - 1 - it was said (a blog is a statement) and - 2 - said by an old person (me). The statement: If you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with baloney sandwiches. ec

9 Comments:

Blogger Lance Mac said...

Fight the power, mr eddie! Don't worry. I've got your back. ;D

2/25/2006 03:34:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

My uncle used to say, "You're full of baloney." And that's how everyone that I know says it.

2/25/2006 08:56:00 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

We'd hear, "Ah, baloney", and it would mean to reconsider what you've said. Now, I'm just grateful to hear anything....

2/25/2006 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) my husband KNOWS baloney-both the kind you eat and the kind you speak-and he spells it BALONEY!

:) ...maybe it's a southern thing!

Junie

2/25/2006 01:06:00 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

It's "baloney" especially when it comes from a gourmet food store.

2/25/2006 02:14:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

morpheus - Always good to know you have back-up. :)

AC - Right - I've never told anyone they were full of bologna.

bonita - Sometimes body language is pretty loud too.

junierose - Then why don't those folks spell it that way on the package? If I'm full of it, at least I want it spelled right. :)

TMG - That's because they make theirs out of 'gourmet' scrap animal parts. :) ec

2/25/2006 04:45:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

But Eddie! How can Oscar Mayer have a way with b-o-l-o-g-n-a if it doesn't have a g?

;-)

2/25/2006 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr Eddie ~~ Thanks for your comments. It is great having Peter here and He has been installing, fixing things etc, so I haven't been able to post for a few days. He, his
daughter Vicki & her husband Rex are
due to arrive anytime soon.
One of my sons has a saying ~~
If you can't dazzle with brilliance
Then baffle them with bull s**t.
Hope you are enjoying a good weekend.
Cheers.

2/26/2006 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

jayleigh - But notice how they pronounce the name of the product even in the famous little song - and this little ditty is known and song by millions - well, maybe hundreds anyway. :)

merle - This was my effort at cleaning up that old saying with boloney sandwiches. :) ec

2/26/2006 07:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home