My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

sagacity?

From the continued postings you probably have concluded that I have made it back from Tennessee and if you did, you would be correct. The problem I have had is to try to get back into a routine – that effort is complicated by the fact that I really didn’t have a regular routine when I left. The effort is further complicated by care giving – for young and old ones.

FIL has finally recovered enough to return to the nursing/rehab center, but he is still very weak and somewhat confused. We have encouraged MIL to start back walking down at the North Augusta gym/track. The track is indoors and my spice and YD has been going down with her each morning this week. This exercise is helped along by the fact that a friend and peer of MIL has also been walking with them – her spirits seem to be lifted a bit already. The walking necessitates my caring for YD’s young ones while she is out but that is hardly an odious task and they supply joy and amazement to me in every session.

My desire has been to post a wise and witty writing each day – even though that didn’t happen daily from Tennessee. Mostly failing at the wise and witty, I often settle for the silly and even inane. Most all of my missives have a lot of tongue-in-cheek included, this effort may be obvious only to me but hopefully not.

Wisdom, insight and philosophy can be found in many areas of life but one of my favorite sources is from the comic strips in the newspaper. With this source one can smile as they soak in the sagacity thereof.

Where else could a person find a very deep, yet short, discussion of the nobility of not speaking ill of the un-smart. In another, the main character was bemoaning the fact that another year was almost past and was wondering what happened to all those days. His sidekick simply concluded that they turned into nights.

It was interesting, amusing and indicative of human nature when another strip concluded that the boss only listened when he himself was talking – much wisdom there. A study of the frustrations of parenthood in three frames showed the multitudinous demands of an offspring and the young one’s bewilderment at the parent not getting their own projects done.

Another answered the big question of ‘Why are we here’? The answer was ‘because your car wouldn’t make it to there’ – really deep stuff. Another reached the conclusion that it was a real bummer to have your MIL write down your New Year’s resolutions.

One even discussed a project that caused them to start praying. It was great that they started praying but not so good that the thing that started this spiritual exercise was golf. One young man stated that he believed every life had a purpose and he was born for a reason and he concluded that this reason was to give his Mom someone to nag. His Mom concluded – ‘You have fulfilled your destiny – now pick up your shoes’.

I strive to fulfill my destiny by including in my writings some of the light and joy that my Heavenly Father has given me to give to others – hope those things shine through. ec

10 Comments:

Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

strive to fulfill my destiny by including in my writings some of the light and joy that my Heavenly Father has given me to give to others – hope those things shine through. ec>>>>



They DO!! :)

June

2/22/2006 03:53:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

junierose - Thank you very much June. ec

2/22/2006 07:53:00 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

I enjoy the whimsy here, and yes, the light does indeed shine through. I hope your routine includes much of both...

2/22/2006 08:47:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are fulfilling your destiny quite well. Blessings to ya.

2/22/2006 09:53:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bonita - My routine that is not a routine does include whimsy, light, joy and a large amount of silly.

SSN - Thanks for the affirmation and blessings. ec

2/22/2006 10:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting back into routine is hard...sometimes I feel like I put off getting back into the "real world" after i've had time off...even if just for an hour.

- Jon
- Daddy Detective
- www.daddydetective.com

2/23/2006 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

daddy d - So right - even though I don't have much of a routine, it's good to get back to it. ec

2/23/2006 02:22:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Travel is nice, but it does throw our routines and plans off. I'm back too. Maybe I'll do better. Maybe not.

2/24/2006 02:31:00 AM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Hey, EC, at our age we don't need no stinkin' routine. It is such a joy to share the good news of Gods grace!

2/24/2006 08:54:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

AC - Good to have you back home, hope you folks are all rested and refreshed. I've almost recovered myself. :)

TMG - I'm beginning to think that my routine is just not having a routine. And it is a joy to share the Good News. ec

2/24/2006 10:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home