My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Saturday, February 25, 2006

tagged

The following results from a tag by Morpheus.

1-What is the total number of books you own? Somewhat over 200 hard copies and more than 650 titles that are installed on my hard drive. These latter are several Bible versions, Bible studies and commentaries, religious classics, Bible dictionaries, sermon collections and concordances.

2-What is the last book you bought? ‘Letters from Dad’ by Greg Vaughn.

3-What are you currently reading? Nothing other than the Bible at the moment – I’ve started, but haven’t finished several – ‘Love must be tough” by James Dobson – ‘Improving your serve’ by Charles Swindoll – ‘The Ten Commandments’ by Dr. Laura Schlessinger – and ‘How to Live with Your Kids’ (When You’ve Already Lost Your Mind) by Ken Davis.

4-What books do you wish to buy next? At present I would like to own a book on Tree identification and one on birding.

5-What books have you owned for ages but haven’t read? ‘In pursuit of God’ and several other Tozer titles, Foxe’s Book of Martyrs, Paradise Lost and Pilgrim’s Progress.

6-What five books have influenced you? Only one book has totally changed my life – the Bible. God’s Word has taken me from hate to love, from death to life, from darkness to light, from turmoil to peace and from hopelessness to joy. It turned my life from being hell-bound to the promise of forever with Christ.

There are many more that had some influence, I will mention four that come to mind at the present. Two are novels oddly enough – ‘This Present Darkness’ and ‘Piercing The Darkness’ by Frank Peretti – and though they were novels, they were based on the true experiences of many different people and helped me explain to myself many of the unseen things in the spiritual world – good and bad.

‘The Longest Day’ by Cornelius Ryan sparked an interest in history that I didn’t realize was there, especially anything surrounding World War II. And the book ‘Letters From Dad’ by Greg Vaughn inspired me even more to create a written family history for my children and grandchildren. ec

4 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

A good bird guide is: The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of North America by David Allen Sibley

2/26/2006 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bonita - Thanks, I'll check on finding that one. ec

2/26/2006 07:35:00 AM  
Blogger Lance Mac said...

Thanks for answering the tag, mreddie...

2/27/2006 05:03:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

morpheus - You are welcome, enjoyed the bit of research. ec

2/28/2006 08:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home