My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Friday, March 03, 2006

random thoughts

Cold tea is good, hot tea is better but tepid tea is just not my cup of tea. The teas I have on hand at the moment are – Tetley British Blend, two from Celestial Seasonings - Honey Lemon Ginseng Green Tea and Raspberry Gardens Green Tea, two from Twinings – Four Red Fruits and English Breakfast, plain ole Lipton and plain ole Red Rose. Usually I have one or two cups in the morning and a few more scattered through the day. Can’t drink coffee because I have developed an allergy to it – still like the smell though.

Always make good use of mimes because a mime is a terrible thing to waste. Also, when a mime is arrested, does he still have the right to remain silent? Also, how would a person really know what a mime was saying?

Then there was the teenage boy who wouldn’t admit that he had a foot odor problem until the odor-eater inserts in his tennis shoes regurgitated.

One of the definitions of ethics is the branch of philosophy dealing with values relating to human conduct, with respect to the rightness or wrongness of actions and the goodness and badness of motives and ends. This definition makes me curious as to what is used to determine what is good or bad, or right or wrong. Are these rules made up as a company or organization goes along? Surely they wouldn’t dare to use anything remotely resembling the Ten Commandments – how old fashion would that be?

The main definition of ethical says that it is pertaining to or dealing with morals or the principles of morality. Wait, does that mean that a company or organization expect their staff to be moral? Who is to be the judge of the staff as to whether they are moral or not? The bigger question would be – what if a company’s ethicist isn’t ethical?

Why is there not a name for the day before yesterday or the day after tomorrow? If I called my daughter in Tennessee at one minute after midnight, what was tomorrow would be today for me and still be tomorrow for her since there is a one-hour time difference. Do her dogs sense that a person is calling them from another day? Of course if I called my daughter that late, she might be too upset to really discuss it at length – the dogs too.

Random thoughts rattle around in all of our heads, some more than others and these were some of mine at the moment. Shortly I am to go the hospital to do another all-niter sitting with FIL, he is not doing well and they are in the process of putting him in hospice. If you pray, I ask you to pray for strength for the family. ec

4 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

About the smell of coffee - me too. I love the smell, but don't like the taste. Except about 1/2 with real cream, and 4 heaping teaspoons of sugar, and at that point, maybe I'd rather have a bowl of mocha ice cream?

3/04/2006 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

MCM - Coffee gives me such a headache, some weird kind of allergy. Ice cream is a weakness of mine as well - most any flavor. ec

3/04/2006 02:55:00 PM  
Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

Coffee, must have coffee!
Ice Cream, must have ice cream!

And the problem with ethics is as you point out;they have become subjective. Whatever is deceided to be moral by "whoever" is what it is. I can't understand why, when the answer is so simple, so many refuse to acknowledge it.

Time is so strange. They say as we approach the speed of light it slows down. If I ever go that fast I'll let you know.

You know that our prayers are with you and your family. Your faith will uphold you in times like these.

3/05/2006 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

TMG - Usually I just go for a good quality vanilla ice cream and put other 'ornaments' on it - that could be nuts, fruit, chocolate syrup or even honey. It's odd to me too when right and wrong has been spelled out so well that companies would just use their own thoughts about rules. ec

3/05/2006 06:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home