My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

aimless?

As I sat, munching home-dried figs, it occurred to me that these tasted like fig newtons, except without the newton part. This type occurrence would be defined as something that would deem to suggest itself in thought and/or come to mind. The whole event was very encouraging to me inasmuch as it proved to me that I could do two things at one time. I fought the temptation to try to do another thing to make that number three, but I didn’t try it, convinced that I might hurt myself.

After a couple of days of feeling half decent and both translating into some hours of outside work, a fair amount of progress was made on the blueberry bed down the driveway. This bed is about 55 feet long and six feet wide. So far the grass has been cleaned from the back side of the bed, the border blocks are completely ensconced on that side and the straw has been placed. In these last work sessions I have cleaned out the grass and placed the blocks in a somewhat rounded fashion on the lower end of the bed and started back up the front side. Of course I still have about 40 feet to go, as well as the top end, but I rejoice with every block placed.

In further Blueberry Hill news, a new garden tiller has been acquired. This machine is of the rear tined variety with small tractor type tires in front to pull it along. It will be much easier to handle and not as rough on the operator as the front tined one we have had several years. The garden should have already been tilled but the bed needs to be completed first, so the tilling may have to wait until we come back from our visit with OD and her gruntmonkeys in Texas during the first part of April.

When I say that my appetite has really been screwy of late, I do not kid. I have discovered that I like banana and mayo sandwiches, not a revelation since I have eaten these most of my life, but the latest twist is that I have been adding provolone cheese to this aforementioned combo and enjoying the concoction immensely. What is it about the combo of black-eyed peas and coleslaw that causes my taste buds to rejoice so much – of course the slaw has to from KFC to really fit the bill. The peas can be the dried or frozen kind – as long as they are cooked.

On another food note, I wonder if there is a name for the injury received when one cuts one’s tongue while licking the yogurt off the underside of the foil that covers the top of the container. It could be a paper cut except it’s not paper – I wonder if it is widespread or popular enough to be known as a yogurt foil cut. I also wonder if yogurt really is healthy or if some years from now they will find out that it causes auto accidents if you eat it while driving.

Though my writings sometimes wander about with seeming aimlessness, my soul is anchored by my trust in the One that made everything – and that makes me glad, even in tough times. ec

5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Foiled again, eh?

3/21/2007 04:08:00 PM  
Blogger Kila said...

Banana and Mayo?

Yogurt doesn't cause car accidents, people do ;) I have no trouble eating a yogurt while driving. Hold the steering wheel and yogurt in one hand, spoon in the other hand. Don't forget the napkin on your lap.

3/21/2007 06:47:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

AC - That is a good name for the injury - foiled again. One could just tell the ER person that they have been foiled again and it would be understood. :)

Kila - I probably shouldn't but that is the way I eat a thick milkshake or a cup of ice cream. I don't think I have ever dropped the whole thing in my lap yet, but there is always tomorrow. :) ec

3/21/2007 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

Oh, just wonderful imaginative images here....I had a friend once who was so poor as a child that she had mayonaise sandwiches. Today she is a published poet. Maybe great things are ahead for you!

3/22/2007 07:54:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Bonita - At least one of my grandsons eats mayo sandwiches by choice, maybe he will make it good as well. :) ec

3/23/2007 12:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home