My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, March 18, 2007

arrivals

As I sit here, munching on frozen blueberries from last year’s pickings, I have arrived at some conclusions. First, blueberries, even the frozen ones put up from last year, are good – so are zip-loc bags and freezers. Second, there seem to be enough frozen ones left to last until the fresh ones start to get ripe. Third, the bushes are well underway to providing plenty of berries for this year. The munching session also included dried figs from the fruit of last year. These were dried in my own little dehydrator and also put in zip-loc bags. Though they are noteworthy, I still like the blueberries better.

Other arrivals at conclusions have taken place, some recently and some over the course of time. One of the recent ones is that one cannot rise early, at least not to feel fresh and chipper, if one does not go to bed until 2am. This is not a particularly brilliant conclusion and should be a rather basic assumption but evidently not, since its arrival was made necessary by a couple of very unwise going to bed incidents this last week.

An even rougher conclusion arrived with the knowledge that one can get very little sleep if one depends on a CPAP machine for half-decent sleep and the necessary mask either does not fit or irritates one’s face. Having tried three different masks on as many nights, one is hoping that this last one will be the answer to the problem of nightly mask wrestling – it has done well for two nights now.

An older conclusion arrived some years ago and continues to be tied up to my dock of cognizance. This delightful brilliance is that my study/computer room will not clean up itself. I have noticed that this is also true with my workshop and garage – all of these are way beyond just cluttered. In a variation of an old law let me state, a room in a mess tends to remain in a mess unless acted upon by an outside force. If an archeological dig were made in any of these spaces, evidence could be found that dates back to the beginning – even back to the era of the “killing of the mouse”.

Arrivals at conclusions are not necessarily a permanent thing because the arrival may be at the wrong place or the conclusion may not be the right one. Then sometimes the dock of conclusion at which we have just arrived comes apart and falls into the stormy water of circumstances and our thought or emotional journey toward a solution or conclusion must continue.

My final conclusion for this missive, meant to be a permanent one for me, comes from a line in an old Hymn – “My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.” – Note that it is on His righteousness and not my own. ec

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The only reason for your chipper musings is the hope in Christ's righteousness.
To read that is an extra boost to my resting on Him.
We all will have our problems. I took a fall and now have been told (by a daughter who is in a nursing college administration and family will know who that is) that I probably have a slight concussion.
Now that that is decided, I understand my headaches and my fuzzy vision.
So, we rest, you and I, on the Lord to get us through this misery.

So, keep resting.
Betty G

3/18/2007 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

My room is messy too, and I can't sleep either!!

3/19/2007 12:22:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr.Eddie ~~ Your blueberries sound delicious. Sorry you are having trouble getting to sleep.
Thank you for your comments ~ I hope
Peter gets here tomorrow, but we wil only have a few days. Take care, Cheers, Merle.

3/19/2007 07:33:00 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

I've heard an old saying: Either you eat well or sleep well, but not both at the same time. Something about a 'clear conscience', not fatigue or appetite. . . I think!

I'm with you on those blueberries. I have them every day mixed in yogurt.

3/19/2007 04:41:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I agree with your conclusion about the messes that remain until we get them cleaned up. Doesn't help me get the mess up though, got any new suggestions?

P.S. the guilt thing doesn't remove the clutter, tried that.

3/20/2007 08:19:00 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Hi Mr Eddie! I am so sorry it has been so long since I commented on your blog! But I am back in Blogland now! :)

I LOVE the hymn you have at the bottom of the post! We always sing the chorus out loud and strong at church: "On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand!" :)

3/21/2007 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

itsboopchile - I'm so sorry about your fall but always so glad that your hope rests in the Lord and that causes us to have rest in Him.

AC - We are all so different and yet so much alike. I actually made a small effort at cleaning up a bit - very small. :)

Merle - Those frozen tidbits are still very good. Will be waiting to hear of the adventures of you and your bro.

Bonita - Once it was the sleep of the 'innocent' but now it is the fretfulness of one wearing a CPAP mask - somehow not the same.

Brenda - No suggestions - I could allow the Spice to clean it up, but nothing would be left to suggest anything was ever there. :)

Annie - Good to hear from you and I too really like the chorus of the song but for some reason that first line of the first verse has really been meaningful to me.

3/21/2007 02:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home