My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Monday, February 26, 2007

onrush

Through the onrush of time, the rising and falling of the tides and the twists of fate, it became another day. That makes me wonder if fate ever just goes straight, without all those turns and stuff. My day began a little earlier than usual, about 7am, when I awoke and started having a disagreement with the CPAP mask and finally just got on up. As I was heading toward the kitchen to break the fast, I had to pass the recliner and it wooed me into its comfy arms and there I reclined for about a time and a half time.

Prying myself loose from there, I later continued my journey to the kitchen and proceeded to break the fast with a bite to eat, some hot tea and some very necessary scripture reading. All my movement around the house was in slow motion due to soreness from activities the day before – it doesn’t seem to take a lot to cause that. The muscles slowly started to come around and cooperate a bit better about noon and the Spice and I went out for the walk of the day – a bit slower due to aforementioned muscle problems – 1.2 miles in just over 30 minutes.

My writing at the computer comes in short segments due to the still recovering back stiffening up after a while. To combat this I have set the timer on my watch for 30 minutes at each sitting and when it alarms, I get up and do something to loosen up a bit. Having already written for a couple of sessions, I finally finished up what I was composing, posted it on my blog and sent emails to those on my lists.

It came time for a snack and the chosen one of the day was peanut butter and strawberry jam. This was carefully blended together and eaten, open-faced, on bread – it was sustenance that sticks to the ribs, or at least to the roof of one’s mouth. Then it was outside to do some work in the blueberry bed that runs down the north side of the driveway. This involved cleaning grass out for the better part of two hours and not getting nearly as much completed as I would have wanted.

The Spice headed out on a shopping expedition with the daughter and the three youngest gruntmonkeys – brave soul. After wearing myself out, I came in, changed clothes and headed out on a grocery run to Kroger’s in North Augusta. This location has a better selection of tea and I am a hot tea drinker and appreciator, but the main reason for the trip was to pick up a lemon-pepper rotisserie chicken – to which I seem to be somewhat addicted of late.

My journey took place just a short while after sunset and the sky was still light. Above the horizon was a band of clouds that was still getting rays from the sun that had already gone from my sight. The sky was a pale blue and the clouds were in varying shades of pink, even into a peach color and absolutely beautiful. I don’t know if anyone even saw or especially appreciated this mind invigorating sight except me, but if that were case, the Creator put on a great show just for me to enjoy and I did so very much.

It was after dark when I returned home and as I walked back into the house, I was amazed by the array of billions of stars God made for me to view. As I stopped and did a complete scan of the heavens, it made me realize how small I really was and yet how much God cared for me. ec

8 Comments:

Blogger Kila said...

God shows us His love in so many ways.

Ah, lemon-pepper rotisserie chicken--we enjoy those too fairly often!

2/26/2007 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Kila - Yes He does and in so many different ways if I will just pay attention to them. I think the lemon-pepper chicken must be habit forming - yum! ec

2/27/2007 12:19:00 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

You are so fortunate to have the grandkids nearby. Off on a lark, to have fun shopping. I enjoyed the image.

I love the peanut-butter and jelly too. Whoever invented that combination was a life-saver.

2/27/2007 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

EC,

There's nothing more glorious than a star-filled sky at night! It's right up there with a sunrise or sunset!

-and a
lemon-pepper rotisserie chicken is not far behind! :)

Junie

2/27/2007 04:02:00 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

EC,

There's nothing more glorious than a star-filled sky at night! It's right up there with a sunrise or sunset!

-and a
lemon-pepper rotisserie chicken is not far behind! :)

Junie

2/27/2007 04:02:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Nothing quite like a comfy chair. Only trouble is removing myself from same. Perhaps I should set an alarm as you do for the computer. (And while I'm at it, set one for the computer as well).

Thanks for your recent comments by the way. I'm a little slow getting around but I read them all and enjoy them.

2/27/2007 07:19:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ That chicken sounds delicious. I love lemon chicken.
Glad you are still able to walk and work and hope the day will come when you can sit as long as you like.
It is scary when doctors ring, it happened again today, I tried the urologist yesterday, but he hadn't got my doctor's letter. Today they rang and made an appointment for Friday. Thank you for your good wishes, I think it will be OK.
Take care, Cheers, Merle.

2/28/2007 12:56:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Bonita - Yes it is good to have most of the gruntmonkeys close. They can be a handfull but also can be a lot of joy. PB&J was a staple for us kids growing up.

Junierose - So many folks miss out on the beauties that God will show us everyday if we care to look. I do like that LP chicken.

Granny - Our recliner is one that I have spent major time in during my recovery and it is a good one. It is officially the Spice's chair but she has graciously allowed me to park my carcass there.

Merle - The chicken was indeed yummy and I ate on it for three days. I'm walking and working outside for short periods but if I overdo it, I pay the price of aching the next day for a while. ec

2/28/2007 01:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home