My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Friday, September 16, 2005

filling

I was not where I needed to be. I was not where I wanted to be. I was not where I should have been. Nonetheless, there I was, reclining in the dentist's chair, contemplating which of my dental sins brought me to that place.

My mind flashed back - was it the candy marshmallow peanuts? Possibly it was the innocent looking banana completely hidden in scoops of raspberry ice cream? It couldn't be the very healthy yogurt parfait with real chunks of fruit purchased at McDonald's during a highway road trip pit stop. Maybe the whole bag of brightly colored gummy bears eaten over the distance of about 40 miles on the same road trip?

But these were only the recent tooth transgressions; perhaps the cause is a multiplicity of errors of the past, accumulating together and attacking the very soul and structure of the tooth. Whatever the cause, I was there and now must pay the price, in more ways than one.

This reminds of the soul decay in the lives of many today, yet they are unwilling to go to the only One willing and able to cleanse and make them anew, as if they had never sinned -- like some, with bad teeth, that refuse to go to the dentist.

I shall suffer but the momentary discomfort of the "drill and fill" to enable me to enjoy with zest the culinary delights of the future. Forsooth! He will fill the tooth! ec

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home