My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Beach Trip - getaway

A getaway is defined as a place where one escapes for relaxation, vacation, etc., or the period of time for such recreation. The Spice and I escaped to such a place on a recently past Sunday afternoon. Our place of escape is officially called The Beach House Golf and Racquet Club and is located just North of Myrtle Beach, SC and just South of North Myrtle Beach.

The name of the place is a bit of a misnomer as it is a building rather than a house, they do not have any nearby courts on which to use a racquet and any golf course is several miles away. The beach part of the title is correct and the beachfront view from our 7th floor balcony was a thing of awesome beauty. The near hypnotic sight and sound of the waves reaches down inside, draws out any leftover feelings of tension or stress and washes them all away.

One can hardly watch the ocean and waves without noticing all the people employing the sand for rest and/or relaxation. People of all shapes, sizes, ages and colors were walking, sitting, lying, playing and splashing in the waves. Let me interject here that folks of certain shapes and sizes should not wear bikinis – even guys.

Many skin tones were present on the beach – some colors were from genetics and some by exposure to the sun. A few I had to feel very sorry for because they had really overdone their quest for a tan and would be feeling some pain that night and the near future.

Many Frisbees were being sailed about with varying degrees of skill. The male half of one particular couple threw a Frisbee to the female half when she wasn’t paying attention and this prompted her to throw it back at him. Her aim was a bit off and she hit the female member of a passing couple in the backside as they walked along. The perp looked horrified with both hands to her face and seemed to be very apologetic, although I couldn’t hear that from my lofty vantage point. The struck one tossed back the Frisbee with no apparent ire.

This incident will probably be told to a few of both couple’s friends and pass from memory, as it should. It is a shame that even smaller happenings than this have caused people and couples to become each other’s enemies for life. Life is so much easier when forgiveness is applied to the everyday mishaps. God forgives us if we ask, shouldn’t we forgive others? ec

5 Comments:

Blogger Janie said...

Forgiving someone of very deep hurts is very hard to do without God. The reason He tells us to forgive others is because He forgives us! It brings healing for us, not the one we forgive. For a long time I did not realize that. Not forgiving someone lets them have control over your thoughts and actions. "Let Go & Let God" Give that person to God, let go of them and the hurts. Blessings, Janie Marie

6/22/2006 12:49:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I enjoy your writings, but I am wondering when you are going to put them into book form.
It is simple. Just get them together, title your book, and take it to a printer and bingo! you will have a book. It will cost you but, then, you don't need hundreds of books.
I took my columns from my newspaper days and did this, and it made a memory book for a lot of people.
Think about it.!!

Betty G

6/22/2006 01:31:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr Eddie ~~ I am glad that you and your wife had such a nice break. The
view sounded lovely. How much could
a frisbee hurt? Such a little thing
when there are so many bigger things to worry about or consider.The chicken casserole is delicious.
Take care, Merle.

6/22/2006 04:42:00 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

The struck one was most generous. She could have graciously picked up said frisbee and placed it demurely in her beachbag, and continued walking. I'd be tempted, just to see how my husband would react. Heh.

6/22/2006 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

jen - Thanks for the visit and comment, which is so true and missed by so many.

CGS - I've heard it said that we become the slave of the ones we won't forgive.

boopchile - Your suggestion has already crossed my mind and is in my intentions - my writings are saved for such a purpose. Thanks.

merle - There is an old saying I have heard about that - 'Don't sweat the small stuff' - and I agree. If we fret about the small stuff, we miss a lot of the bigger, more important things.

bonita - You caused me a chuckle - I could see your sly smile between the lines. :) ec

6/22/2006 02:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home