My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Friday, June 02, 2006

dust bunnies

There was a war in the kitchen and the battle started near high noon. War is always hurtful and wasteful – but sometimes it is necessary. One of the definitions of war is: active hostility, contention or conflict – and this is absolutely what was going on and all because the Spice does not like bunnies.

It’s hard to imagine anyone not liking bunnies with them so cute and fuzzy – the fact that these were dust bunnies should not have entered the equation. She did not want these bunnies to live or thrive or do well and it fell my odious task to rid the kitchen of these harmless critters.

In any war an appropriate weapon and attitude of mind is necessary before the conflict is actually joined. Before I could dislike the bunnies enough to do them in, I had to decide why I disliked the bunnies. Suddenly I realized that they were from the dark side of the force and were determined to insidiously take over the kitchen area and then possibly to move on into the den.

This caused the ‘protector of the household’ emotions to kick in and I knew that I had to do what I had to do, no matter how many dust bunnies were destroyed. The weapon that I decided to use for this defense of the home front was our negative pressurization machine – the vacuum.

The minute I activated this powerful weapon I could see the enemy start to make their move. Their defensive movement seemed to be away from the force of the weapon and toward a place of hiding. This strategy did not work because from my position of higher observation I saw through their plan immediately.

They were then drawn out from their places of hiding and into their final resting place – the abyss of the containment facilities of my weapon. There they will remain until they are emptied onto the ash heap of eternity. Wow – that last part sounded a bit like what I read in the Book about one of the final destinations of mankind – except in the Book that destination was much hotter. ec

11 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

Do you know that most dust is skin particles?

Yes, all our DNA is floating in dust circles above our heads and underfoot....and, it was dust that killed John F. Kennedy, Jr. Indeed! The problem was ice particles attached to the dust, creating dense clouds, obscuring his vision, disorienting him completely. Now, the dross of this world is just like dust, ultimately leading us....astray.

6/02/2006 09:41:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Clever!!
I have gone through a lot of "spring cleanings" in my 80 years and don't have the spunk to go through it now.
We will be moving to another house this summer so I am busy trying to figure out what I have and what I don't want to have. And do I want something new.
This is another time for me to appreciate our children.
Betty G

6/02/2006 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bonita - So glad we have a choice as to whether we accept the dross of this world or not. Otherwise this would be a very hopeless place.

boopchile - That is such a hard job, deciding what to keep and what to toss. Relationships, especially with family, are the most important to keep - as you know. ec

6/02/2006 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

EEWWWWWW!! I knew that most dust in the home was skin particles but I did not need to be reminded of it Bonita!! LOL! :)

I know what you mean though about the dust bunnies running for cover. It seems that whenever I try to sweep them up they just fly in the opposite direction! I am glad you won your battle though!! :)

6/03/2006 12:52:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr Eddie ~~ I just looked up dust bunnies on Google and they are mostly
fluff etc. For a while I was worried
I haven't heard that expression. I must have led a very sheltered life !Thanks for comments. Regards to your wife! Take care, Merle.

6/03/2006 05:01:00 AM  
Blogger Using up the words.... said...

Sounds like you are having too much fun there, war and all.

Glad to hear you were victorious, and so much smarter than those curious bunnies. :)As cute as they may be.

6/03/2006 05:29:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

adannells - The bunnies are taken care of for the present but one never knows when they will invade again - one needs to be ever vigilant.

merle - I keep forgetting that expressions are different. Bottom line is that I need to vacuum a little more. :)

UUTW - I try to always have fun - and then blog about it. :) One has to be smarter than the dust bunnies to make it around here. :) ec

6/03/2006 03:52:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Bonita..... EWWWWWWW really?

Good luck with the war... you may have to fight it in the den as well... they are sneaky little critters!!!!

6/03/2006 05:57:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

jayleigh - They are sneaky, but my 'weapon' will get them every time. ec

6/04/2006 09:05:00 AM  
Blogger Janie said...

I had company this weekend and I was doing the same thing as you! Funny thing is; they will return soon! Blessings, Janie Marie

6/04/2006 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

CGS - Yes - they always come back and I will have to do them in again. :) ec

6/04/2006 11:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home