My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Thursday, August 30, 2007

poop-free

The clouds were gathering and the lightning was flashing in the distance – it promised to be a dark and stormy night. My appointed chore for the evening was to baby-sit with three local gruntmonkeys, GM3, GM4 and GM6. YD was going to see her daughter, GM1, play in the band for the first time while at a high school football game.

The two older boys had put their pajamas on in prep for their approaching bedtime and were watching a movie on DVD. They were consuming a snack of cut up peach pieces I had prepared for them as well as some grapes. It was starting to get late, especially for the little one, and I was about to install his pajamas and take him off to his evening’s resting place. He is still in training about dealing with natural functions of the body and in which room these functions should take place. As he sat in my lap, this particular part of my body suddenly got very warm and very wet.

I got him dried off, his pajamas installed – with overnight moisture protection – and carried him off to bed. I will not bore with how I dealt with my moisture problem since I didn’t have spare clothes – suffice it to say that it was not regulation but I was dry. The two older boys finished their movie and went to bed without a lot of protest – somewhat differing from the norm.

It was very quiet evening after that and I worked on a crossword puzzle I had brought with me. YD had called and said the football game was suspended because of the dark and stormy night. Later information told that the game started back after the lightning faded off into the distance. They finally got home shortly after midnight and I took my weary carcass back to Blueberry Hill.

A couple of days later we had a humdinger of a thunder boomer come through with very large drops of rain and while the pond’s water level may have hesitated a little, the rain was not enough to turn things around. The rain did accomplish some things though, it encouraged the cicadas to be more enthusiastic about their singing, it also lowered the temp just a bit but the humidity is still too high to be comfortable, but the best part was that it washed the goose poop off the driveway where I walk.

It doesn’t take a lot of things to make me happy and a poop-free walking place just happens to be one of them. Another thing that makes me happy and gives me a sense of peace is to know that I am much loved by my heavenly father. He loves you too; hopefully you already know that. ec

9 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

There's a lot to be said for a poop-free drive.

Have a great Thursday EC!

8/30/2007 07:42:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

A poop-free walk is now to be disdained.

8/30/2007 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger ancient one said...

But so much more to be said about a Loving Heavenly Father!! He does supply our every need.

8/30/2007 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't it reassuring the way our Heavenly Father watches over us!!!
I catch the times a lot and know I am protected many times.
Keep paying attention to what God is doing!!!
Betty G

8/30/2007 03:10:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I’m glad the storms had some positive effects; but I dread the thought of cicadas being more enthusiastic in their singing!

8/30/2007 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

brenda - The poop-free ones are my favorite kind.

AC - The purist may indeed tout an au natural walking surface in which one's reflexes must be quick and the mind sharp so as not to get "de stain" on "de shoes".

ancient one - Yes, so much more, it is an amazing thing to me that He could love me before I ever thought to turn to Him.

itsboopchile - I often wonder how many times He has rescued me that I don't even know about.

SSN - It is an odd thought but after the rain they did seem to sing louder - must have just needed to "wet their whistle". :) ec

8/30/2007 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ Just caught up on your posts - time gets away from my reading at times. Enjoyed them as usual and glad you got some rain to
clean up the driveway!! Thanks for your comments - my hair is so short, must be close to yours- but you are a terrific Grandpa, so why worry about the hair. Glad you saw the orange moon at least, I am a great one for listening to the news on radio and TV and also read newspapers. Take care, my friend, Regards, Merle.

8/31/2007 05:52:00 AM  
Blogger Kila said...

I wish I could hire you to babysit ;)

Hooray for the heavens washing your driveway clean!

I hope I get to hear cicadas sing someday.

8/31/2007 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - I know what you mean about having the time to read blogs. It seems that I have so many things to do that I meet myself coming back from where I went. :)

kila - The cicadas are not very melodious - they sound a bit like a small siren. Someone told me that they were the loudest known insect. ec

9/02/2007 11:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home