My Photo
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, August 12, 2007


It seems that I have so much stuff to write about this past week that I am going to have to hit the highlights. August 5th – Sunday PM – I had caught a nap in the afternoon and the Spice and I went to PM church. The message was a pre-recorded one from a week or so back that was given at our denomination’s state camp meeting. We had a short song service and started right into the message. It was an amazing sermon that was very timely and meaningful for all the people of our world and the constant trauma they are going through right now. It was also a bit uncomfortable in that it was telling us Christians that we are not getting the job done that God wants us to do.

Monday, August 6th, arrived and I decided to do things a bit different. Putting on the old walking shoes, I did my walk in the morning. This was a brave adventure indeed because it seems that my body does not desire to do mornings or anything connected with them. It was that I just wanted to try to walk then because it was going to be so hot later. The 2-mile walk went much slower than normal with muscles rebelling and even cramping up all the way because they didn’t want to walk to start with. They let me know that this was unacceptable and should not be attempted again.

At the first turnaround, there was a whole flock of geese up on the hill behind MIL’s house, happily grazing away. It looked a bit humorous to me because every head turned my way as I approached. They were moving around but I counted 19 in the group. I survived the walk and determined to not let the fact that I was out of yogurt ruin my day. I just fixed myself some toast and jam and managed with that. During that I read my scriptures for the day, then checked the weather and news.

Then it was over to purchase some lawn mower parts, back to Wal-Mart for other items and then to the home front for further instructions from the Spice. A short while later the Spice and I went over to YD’s for a multi-purpose visit. I was to be there for when the boys woke from their naps and to also install towel bars, a TP holder and several other wall mountings, all of which were taken down for a redo of their bath. YD and the Spice went on a mission to get different bath lights.

Just as I was finishing up with this phase of the installations, the two older boys came in to make sure I was doing it right. I had just got them downstairs and settled myself in a chair when the ladies came in with the light fixtures. So it was back upstairs to install the two lights. We shortly departed to pick up a couple of food items and headed back home for the consumption thereof.

It somehow became Tuesday the 7th of August and after cranking up my day in the usual ways, I went out to pick the garden. The tomatoes are still going great, as is the okra, the squash are slowing way down and the cucumbers seem to have quit altogether. After picking I started the sprinkler on the veggies since we are still in drought conditions.

The parts purchased yesterday were then installed on the mower – a spark plug, an air filter and a blade. It cranked up right away and ran like a new one – I did fuss at myself for not thinking of this when I had trouble with it all last year. It was too hot to mow anything except one spot in the shade to check it out. It is always great when a plan comes together. Life plans can also come together quite well if and when we put Jesus in charge of them completely. ec


Blogger Using up the words.... said...

I'm so thrilled to hear that I'm not the only one who's body objects to mornings. :)
I'd suggest evenings as a far more sensible time to do such things - though with your busy days... I guess you have to walk when you can fit it in.

8/13/2007 06:01:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

UUTW - This was an experiment that didn't work very well and probably won't happen again - I went right back to evenings. ec

8/13/2007 11:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home