My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

mo WT

More Walking Thoughts – As I began my evening walk, the sun was just short of going down and still peeping through the tall pines off to our west – where it usually goes down. This was not the peeping that baby chicks would do, but the kind that would allow small rays of sunshine to cast their transparent bodies through the vegetation and upon my field of vision as I perambulate.

This happening spoke to me of many things – not the verbal kind of speaking but that which is mentally perceived. And one thing that I mentally perceived and/or was reminded of was a line from the song that is in the play and/or movie, “Annie” – “the sun’ll come out tomorrow“ and that it was “only a day away”. The tomorrow of which the song spoke was one of hope that the gloomy clouds of bad stuff would have finally gone away.

When thoughts of tomorrow dance through my mental processes, they oft remind me of yesterday. Sometimes it is the yesterday of my immediate past, but more often it is a song brought into the world by the Beatles. The song is “Yesterday” and a line in it – “yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away” – this seemed to say that they didn’t have many troubles yesterday but today was different.

They were at the height of their popularity back then, so any troubles would not likely have been financial in nature but maybe something emotional. But it didn’t even have to be emotional to inspire one of their songs – it could have even been an injured little toe. In that case the writer could have lamenting that yesterday all his toes were fine but today one of them is gravely wounded due to stubbing it on a piece of furniture – that would definitely bring trouble to the present in quick fashion.

This brings to discussion the coordination or lack thereof that is found in our bodies. At times the feet might want to go one way, the mind is thinking about something or somewhere else, the emotions are all atwitter about another thing entirely and the stomach is complaining because it hasn’t been fed. During all these distractions, the feet may not travel the proper path previously thought out and in this digress, strikes a piece of furniture with the very smallest member of the foot.

Then, even though all the parts of the body were otherwise involved and distracted, they immediately come to the aid, comfort and consolation of the injured member – though a very small one – when one member is hurt they all hurt. It would be a great thing if the church body would do that to any injured member, even a small and seeming unimportant one.

You may have noticed that this writing is rambling quite a bit, but if you have read anything else that I have written, this doesn’t surprise you at all. This seems to be a style of mine, if I indeed have a style. The Spice would contest that I don’t know anything about style, especially in the area of clothing. I would oppose that contestation with my protestation that a t-shirt, slacks and sandals are a style – of course this doesn’t suit her, so I usually wear something else.

Way too much thinking during this walk, I’ve got to cut down on that. But I’m grateful to God that I can still think, even if the thoughts are a bit weird. ec

6 Comments:

Blogger Kila said...

Walks are for thinking, and you seem quite sane to me. :)

I enjoy your posts. They are like a mini Bible study.

8/02/2007 01:15:00 AM  
Blogger ancient one said...

Not weird to me. That's the way my brain rambles along too! Love to read your blog!!

8/02/2007 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Walking and thinking—or walking and meditating—are some of my favorite activities; even though sometimes, when I become fully conscious of my surroundings, I may have no idea where I am.

8/02/2007 06:03:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Weird, no way.
Betty G

8/03/2007 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mr Eddie,

I enjoyed your rambling walk today!


June

8/03/2007 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

kila - Thanks - God is constantly amazing me with my surroundings and I can't help but mention them - in my own weird way. :)

ancient one - That is me - the rambling brain one - but I have so much fun with it.

SSN - I can relate to that - I remember back before I retired that I would sometimes be so much in thought that I would drive right by my next assignment and have to turn and come back.

itsboopchile - OK, just weird in a good sort of way. :)

junierose - Thanks, I get a lot of things figured out on those walks, but I do have Someone to help out with that. ec

8/06/2007 11:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home