My Photo
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, July 22, 2007


OD and her group had been to visit FSIL’s parents but were home by the time we returned from the wedding on Sunday evening and after a while we all went to visit dreamland. The small one of the crew is an early riser and when the Monday started brightening, he was full of his usual wakefulness. A bit later I also arose somewhat like a v-8 engine hitting on about 4 cylinders or maybe it was like starting a fire with wet wood and no kindling – anyway it was slow going.

I had a doc appointment at 10:30am and finally got going enough to head out the door for that. The visit turned out to be a good one and I was to stop at Publix on the way home for a few necessary items. YD had returned late on Sunday pm from their 4 week jaunt to PA, MN and MI and she called me on the cell to also pick up a few items for her until she could do her main shopping. I managed to find some paper and a pen in the truck and what started out to be a “few items” at our house turned into a rather large list. Buying groceries is not a hated thing to me, so the chore was done shortly.

Then I headed to YD’s to drop off her items and help her remove the luggage carrier from the top of their van. I was expecting joyous greetings from all the gruntmonkeys but as it turned out the only GM I got to see was GM1, since the others were being put down for naps by YD. The carrier was removed and with GM1’s help, carried inside the garage and I shortly headed back to the homestead again because of the perishables I had in the truck. Got all our items unloaded at home and rested for a while from my morning chores that had gotten over into the afternoon.

OD and her group were to be with us for the whole week and we had already set it up for YD and her crew to come over for supper on that Monday evening. The roast we were having had been cooking most of the day on low heat and we added to that rice and gravy, fried okra, squash, broccoli, cut up tomatoes and cucumbers – and blueberry cobbler for dessert. The mob consisted of the Spice and I, OD, FSIL and their two, YD and her four (SSIL is working in PA for the summer), MIL and BIL.

After the feast, all wandered on home except for OD’s crew and GM1, who stayed the night with GM2 and we finally crashed for the evening. Tuesday was a fairly normal day with various activities and also we had invited FSIL’s Mom and Dad for supper. We had tostadas with all the trimmings and my ‘famous’ banana pudding for dessert. It was good and when it was over, nobody left hungry.

Wednesday morning came and went and early afternoon found me at the dentist’s for a routine checkup. They found a couple of places that needed attention, one was relatively minor and was repaired at that time, and the other was a bit more extensive and required another visit. Wednesday night found me at the church youth service, “Radical worship”. Now I am neither young nor radical to any great degree in most areas, but I try to help out what little I can.

The one area in which I might be considered by some to be radical would be in my belief that Jesus Christ is the only way to happiness, peace and redemption from the curse of mankind’s sin. The reason I believe that is because it is true. ec


Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ You sure have had a busy time with family which I am sure that you all enjoyed. It will be quieter this week for you. Glad you got a good report from your doctor.
I enjoyed the overnight stay of my grandson Joh, and was glad to hear he was afely home again. Glad you enjoy the photos. Take care, Regards, Merle.

7/23/2007 08:39:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

I wish I saw more of that youngest grandchild but we're all so darn busy.

And yes, blogger has spell check. The old blogger couldn't spell "blog". They fixed that.

Mine may be my browser (Firefox) or Google rather than blogger though. It works with email too. I get red underlines on misspelled words as I go along.

Used to be with blogger, you had to click on spell check to use it. Not I get it as I type.

7/23/2007 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - We all had a great time but it's quiet now - maybe too quiet, or maybe not. :)

granny - We really had a lot gruntmonkey time in the last week and a half. Enjoyed every minute of it, but it is good to have a little rest now. :) ec

7/23/2007 10:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home