My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

July 4th

In catching up on the events of last week let me say again that I write about past events because the future is too hard to see in most cases. Though in some cases the future is very easy to see – one jumping off a very high building can see their future very well, just not for very long.

The week started off with me feeling pretty crummy and after drawing up some mucus “of color”, I did something very unusual for me – I called the doc. This is my regular physician and I was able to get an appointment for the next day. That day came and after checking me over, he ordered a round of antibiotics to get rid of the critters residing and lurking about in the respiratory system.

Departing his office, I called BIL because he wanted me to help him repair and/or replace parts of the telephone wiring system in the Martinez store. I got home, changed clothes, got my tools and was ready for him when he came by for me. We traveled to the location; we replaced a section of the wire, two of the outside protection and containment boxes and reworked the rest of the existing wires.

These wires and such went out to the warehouse, a separate building out back – and in addition, we added a third telephone number to the warehouse phone. This latter did require placing an additional jack for this third line, since the existing jack could only handle two numbers. We finally finished up about 5pm and realized that we had been so caught up in the work that we had skipped lunch, an omission that was so very unlike me.

BIL’s wife, SIL, invited us for hamburgers when we got home and the Spice and I went over a short time later – they live across the street, very handy, family wise. Then it was time for my evening walk of two miles and afterwards I was off to the grocery for items to complete the menu for a family get together at our house the next day – July 4th. If I don’t enjoy going to the grocery, it’s as close to enjoyment that one could get without actually being that.

By the time I got back and put up the grocery items, my body started telling, nay, demanding that I recline for a rest. Sometimes my mind doesn’t realize the body’s age and the various other ailments – but it finally gave in to the insistence and allowed all parts of the body to collapse in the recliner. I zonked for about an hour, not a planned nap, it just overcame me. The many aches and pains when I first reclined had much lessened upon arising and abated more after a shower.

Almost as good as new the next morning, my day was opened with elements of the physical and spiritual as per usual. Then I started prep for the afternoon meal of tostadas, first was the browning of the ground chuck, the draining thereof and placing it in the crock-pot. Then I added the tomato sauce and the packets of spices – Old El Paso taco seasoning. The Spice later added her “secret ingredients” and this was allowed to simmer – stew in its own juices, so to speak.

Other ingredients were prepared, the time arrived, the family members arrived, grace was said and our small group of 7 had our holiday meal. Having the family around reminded me of the scripture that states “God sets the solitary in families” – and I was thankful. ec

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry you are not up to par!! Neither am I and I wrote of both of us today on my blog.
Betty G

7/11/2007 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger jay are said...

Hope you get to feeling 100% soon...and sounds like a recipe I need to get! (the tostadas, that is):)

7/11/2007 03:22:00 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

EC,
Hope you are all well by now....You seem to pack a lot into your days!!
I often wonder how you do it!! :)


Junie

7/11/2007 04:23:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

itsboopchile - Thanks, am feeling better now and will check out your blog.

jay are - It is one of our favorite meals, especially for having guests over. Only problem with it is that I usually eat too much. :)

junierose - Much better now - I usually go fairly well for a day or two and then I have to crash for most of a day - you might say that I have my ups and downs. :) ec

7/11/2007 09:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home