My Photo
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

weddings - 1

My sleeping problems have moderated, but I have a waking problem. Our bedroom window faces the east and that just happens to be the direction from which the sun arises almost every morning. The waking problem is rooted in the fact that when this window gets light, I wake up – no matter what time I went to bed. The particular morning that inspired these words was one that concluded a sleeping period that was way too short but I woke up anyway – looks like I would learn.

By the time I got the body cranked and going it was too hot to work outside, so this became my inside chore day. The Spice had a couple of appointments, the first was to take her Mom to cardiac rehab – she just got her back into the program to improve her mobility somewhat. After this and completing another appointment, she brought home some take-out for supper. This was chicken salad on a large crescent roll for us both and a salad in addition for me – these are really jumbo sandwiches and quite a meal – and very yummy as well.

It was after sundown when I got out for my evening walk, my preferred time since it is cooling a bit. The day before this one did not find me walking because my afternoon and evening schedule was full, the first time I had missed in 11 days. Plus I had made a visit to my dermatologist for the removal of several “skin tags” and the freezing of several other growths. These sites were still stinging a bit and I didn’t want to get them all sweaty. Even today one of the removal sites is stinging some and is suggesting to me that I should have waited an additional day.

Saturday morning arrived and was promising to be a very full day inasmuch as the Spice and I had two weddings to attend. The first was a family wedding, the stepdaughter of my nephew, and they were getting married at his home down in Millen, Georgia. This was somewhat over an hour from our location but we left shortly before 9 to be in plenty of time for the 11am occasion. The home is about 5 miles beyond this small town and was built by my nephew and his Dad, my older brother.

His home is built on 20 acres that was mostly just an open field when he bought it. The nephew is schooled in landscaping and really has the place looking good. All the buildings were built in stages, the first being the very large storage building. Next came the house and then came the covered building for grilling outside, the swimming pool, fish pool and the small cabana with a half bath – these latter projects were in unknown order. The landscaping and decorations are of a Japanese motif and beautiful to behold. The Augusta paper even featured it in their outstanding homes section.

The ceremony was outside under a large tent and went off without a hitch except for the gnats. It seemed that the little critters concentrated on the minister and happy couple all during the solemn event. All they could was to add swatting to the repeating of the vows. The knot was tied and we went inside for the reception and some very tasty treats. My enjoyment was only slightly dampened by the fact that we needed to be at another wedding back in Augusta at 2pm.

We did get to see their well-decorated vehicle off before we departed. May they always keep God first in their marriage – the only way for true happiness. TBC ec


Blogger Granny said...

A busy day isn't bad when it's taken up with weddings.

Thanks for your comment. With respect to "limbs", back in the days of good Queen Victoria, legs (especially female) were referred to as "limbs". Perhaps the rater of blogs was hearkening back to Victoria.



6/26/2007 11:17:00 PM  
Blogger Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

Two weddings? Ah, it’s still June, isn’t it.

That place where the outside wedding took place sounds like a wonderful place to live.

6/26/2007 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ You have been busy
with two weddings the same day.
I hope that the couples will have happy lives. I am enjoying having
three of my grandchildren visit. We had a nice lamb roast dinner, followed by Blueberry Danish and ice cream. Very nice. Take care, Regards, Merle.

6/27/2007 06:41:00 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

You've been a busy man Mr. Eddie and you sound absolutely delighted to be so. Have a great Wednesday!

6/27/2007 09:13:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

granny - That was all that I could think of about the "limbs". Hope Ray is doing better.

SSN - We have one wedding on the next two Saturdays and another the Sunday after those. My nephew has made a beautiful place out of what was an empty field.

merle - Meals like that will keep those grandchildren coming back! :) My hope for the wedded couples was for a happy life also - not easy, but doable with the Lord's help.

brenda - It was a busy Saturday and tiring, but very enjoyable. I told one of the couples that I wished them 50 happy years and then add another 50 to that. ec

6/27/2007 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger itsboopchile said...

Wonderful report of the weddings.
I hope the newlyweds print it and keep it forever.
Of course, you could do it for them!!
I have such a poor memory of our wedding in the parsonage I wish I could have a report to remind me.
Sixty two years is a long time to keep a memory!!

Betty G

6/27/2007 02:23:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

itsboopchile - I know what you mean, if I don't have something to jog my memory, it usually gets forgotten. A lot of my writing comes from my little recorder - I record what happens on there and I write from that. ec

7/01/2007 11:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home