My Photo
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

weddings - 2

We left the wedding site in Millen, Georgia just before 1pm and headed back to the Augusta area. This wedding was held in our church and officiated by our pastor. Staying very close to the speed limit, as usual, we made it back to the sanctuary only 10 minutes late. The wedding party had just gone in and we slipped in the back just as it was getting started.

It was a beautiful ceremony with outstanding music, especially the song by the bride’s aunt and uncle – awesome. Our pastor is not only one of the best preachers that I have heard but also probably the smoothest speaker in any type ceremony and this wedding was no exception. When the newly wed couple turned to face the audience, the smile of the bride was radiant – smiling lessons? J

The reception was held in the historic medical college building in downtown Augusta, this is the setting where many events like this take place. Still being full from the other reception, I didn’t get in the food line right away but circulated and fellowshipped with the folks there. Our church is fairly large and I don’t really get to speak to many after the worship services, so this was a good chance to catch up on talking to my brothers and sisters in Christ.

One recently married couple was there from out of town and we had known the young lady since she was a child but had never met her husband. She has a blog and posts many photos, and I have followed them from their dating, to their engagement and then the marriage. When I met him I told him that it seemed that he should know me because I had seen so many photos of him. (smile)

I finally did get a bit of the food and sat down, all the while chatting with folks. Toward the end, the wedding party went downstairs to the dance floor and did the traditional dances. Then they did some group dances that were very entertaining, even to onlookers – they were really having a great time. Due to the long day, our energy level, particularly mine, was low and the old back started nagging, so we decided to head in the general direction of the homestead.

We ran an errand on the way home and then went by YD’s house to check out the place since she is out of town. We did this and then yielded to temptation and went by Chik-fil-a for a milkshake each – chocolate for her and vanilla for me. As per usual, my shake did not last all the way home. Arriving home, the only thing I wanted to do was recline and rest the back for a while – and I even dozed a bit.

Suddenly realizing that it was half past eight and starting to get dark, I drug myself out for my evening walk. The sky was still a little light and the security lights had come on that lighted part of the driveway. My only real concern was that I might step on a snake lying on the warm pavement in the semi-darkness. This hasn’t happened yet, a fact of which I am very glad, because of all the things that I don’t particularly care to do, stepping on a snake in the dark is right up there at the top.

As I walk past the ugly, dried yucca bloom remains; I realize that I have another whole year to think of something else wonderful about this plant besides the beautiful blooms. And I know I will find something because God does all things well. ec


Blogger CabinWriter-- said...

You write as though your day's exertion lasts about four hours. I have a window of that time to do the necessary errands and the rest of the time I want to relax. That GA heat has to be as stifling as our MS heat. That alone takes a lot of energy to fulfill an errand.

6/27/2007 07:54:00 PM  
Blogger Kila said...

Sounds like you had a good time at the wedding. Good for you for taking the evening walk. :)

6/27/2007 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I hope you have a delightful weekend EC!

6/29/2007 08:47:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

cabinwriter - It has been very hot here as well but my outside stuff is usually done in the cooler parts of the day. Most of the time I don't stay out over 45 minutes in the middle of the day - unless I'm in a vehicle with air conditioning.

kila - The wedding was good but I was tired when I got home - I had to do some tall talking to get myself up and outside to walk, but it is a necessary thing for me.

brenda - Thanks - it was good - even had another wedding that I'll be writing about when I can catch up on my many activities. ec

7/01/2007 11:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home