My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, July 01, 2007

morning?

Morning came and all I could think about was – wow, is it morning already? What do you mean it’s Sunday morning? Wow, I should open my eyes before I get up? Shouldn’t I wake up before I eat breakfast? And shouldn’t I be in an awake condition before I get ready for church? Um – to where did all my youthful vigor depart – and why? What nether region absorbed the energy that I used to have – maybe yesterday? What has sapped the vitality that I need to get cranked and going?

My face feels funny but can it still smile? Do the smile muscles still work? Do I even want to look in the mirror to see? My face feels like it is trying to smile but is it succeeding? Is this one of those days that I am going to feel my age – all day? Is this fair – it’s not even time for the fair – doesn’t that come in the fall? Am I really talking to myself or am I just thinking very loud? Why do my eyes feel like those of a newborn puppy – not quite open yet?

Why so many questions and not nearly enough answers? Could it mean that I’m actually human? Is this human thing something that I really want to be? Am I alert enough to drive a vehicle to church or have all my lerts departed? Where have all the lerts gone? If someone doesn’t have any lerts, are they alertless, in the red on lerts, or are the lerts there but asleep? Possibly the lerts are lurking around the edges of my consciousness and if listen closely I can hear them ever so softly whisper a small “lurk, lurk”. Is all this musing really tongue-in-cheek?

Can a mind that is not alert even think of all this? My face still feels funny when I smile – could I have used up part of today’s smiles on yesterday’s activities? Maybe I should do more smile exercises – could my smiler just be out of shape? Could I be low on smile nutrition? I wonder if they have smile classes – maybe I could use something like that this morning? I have seen some folks that would have to graduate from Smile University to even come up with a straight face.

Am I asleep and dreaming that I am awake? Maybe I’m awake and wishing I was dreaming? Shouldn’t an awake person know if they are really awake? Did these last three questions occur to me while traveling to church at highway speed on the interstate? If it was a dream there was certainly some beautiful crepe myrtles in it, as well as some vines with deep orange flowers in the median. Maybe I’m really awake after all?

We did get to church on time and even with a few minutes to spare. Upon entering the building, the Spice and I parted ways since I was helping out in one of the boy’s classes and she went to our regular class. My part in the class is to do some opening games – this happened and the young ones enjoyed them – and I enjoyed watching them enjoying them – there was enjoyment going on.

After class, the Spice and I got back together for the worship service – it was outstanding, excellent and much inspiring. After service we picked up some take out and/or carry home food for our lunch and we did that. The way home was a bit different from usual and this highway offered many blooming mimosa trees for us to enjoy – and I did that too. God does mimosa blooms very well. This is actually a current post, written on the same day it was lived – what a concept! ec

6 Comments:

Blogger Kila said...

Sounds like we both woke up slowly this morning! I'm glad you made it to church :)

7/02/2007 12:48:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ I think maybe the 2 weddings were a bit much - too much smiling and you wore it out. I hope
you wake more refreshed tomorrow.
What with this universal shrinking, it seems we could be in trouble!!
Well done to get through the classes feeling half awake. So long as we can, walk, talk, and enjoy our blogging friends and our families, and all of God's blessings, I think we are doing OK. Take care, Regards, Merle.

7/02/2007 08:07:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Well, I guess you eventually found a few lurking lerts. Nice post.

7/02/2007 08:39:00 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;) Enjoyed your post...and am glad you found your smiles. I knew you would! :)

(our Crepe Myrtles and Mimosas are in full bloom here, too!-I love both of these plants!!)


Junie Rose

7/02/2007 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I laughed all through this post; I still say you must publish a book. These posts are yours aren't they? Publish them yourself!!
You entertain, teach, honor God, and bring it all home to us.

Thank you,
Betty G

7/02/2007 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

kila - I'm not sure I was fully awake until after I got there. :)

merle - The smile is back today, got a burst of new smile energy. :) My problem about the height thing is that I'm also gaining a bit of girth - not good.

AC - Yes, it was quite a chase but I finally got a lert. :)

junierose - I think my smile battery must have been dead - recharged now though. :) When my daughter lived in Tenn. there was a section of highway just north of Chattanooga that was just full of mimosas and during blooming season, both sides of the highway was covered with little puffs of pink - beautiful!

itsboopchile - Thanks for the kind words. I tend to laugh a lot myself as I am composing the writings. :) ec

7/02/2007 09:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home