My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, July 08, 2007

3rd wedding

FYI, this writing is pertaining to the events of Saturday, June 30th. We were up about 9am next morning and started breakfast prep – we were having the crowd over for a morning meal together. To begin with I put on a large pot of grits, as many of us southerners tend to do, and then I started nuking the bacon – this takes a little watching so as not to burn it to a crisp. The Spice scrambled some eggs for us. We had everything almost ready when the group from MIL’s arrived. There were 9 of us, some bread got buttered and toasted and shortly the consuming began.

We enjoyed the meal and each other’s company – there was a fair amount of laughter going on as well. This group is almost as bad to laugh and cut-up as my family. This was a late breakfast, beginning about 10:30. We finished and just sat around the table talking and discussing the whys and wherefores of many things. Finally moving into the den, we continued with more of the same. The cousin and her husband had to get on home to be back for Sunday church and they departed.

The Spice had committed to help with our church’s “under the bridge” homeless ministry, so she departed about 12 and I stayed with the kinfolks. On toward 2pm, talk began about something for lunch or early supper and shortly after that the Spice called to let me know she was through helping. It was decided that pizza was a good solution, so the Spice picked this up on her way home. BIL and SIL were keeping their twin granddaughters and they brought them over for our viewing and cooing pleasure. When the Spice arrived with the pizzas we all chowed down on this very popular cuisine. We chatted a while after the meal and all departed for their abodes, temporary and otherwise.

This caused us to be running a bit late to get ready for the wedding of the granddaughter of our very good friends from church. We rushed around, got ready and still were only about 7 minutes late. When we went in, the pastor was already pronouncing them husband and wife and then introduced the new Mr. and Mrs. to the congregation. We thought that we had misunderstood the time on top of being late, but as it turned out, this was the way the bride wanted the ceremony – short and sweet. And the way the bride wants the ceremony is how it should be.

The reception was to be at the Savannah Rapids Pavilion, a very popular venue for such events as this. While the wedding party got photos made at the church, most of the guests went on over to the reception site. This is a large facility and can be sub-divided for several events at the same time and such was the case that night. There was a family reunion, what looked to be another wedding and then the reception that we attended. This fete was catered by two of my Christian brothers in the church and let me say up front that they are very good at what they do.

They presented a wide variety of foodstuffs, fruit and cheeses – they even had chocolate mousse – without the antlers, of course. I hit the fruit pretty heavy and I do like those tiny sausages – actually, I think I got a little of it all, at least that is the way my stomach felt later. Chatting and eating would be right up there next to laughing on the top of my enjoyment scale – and I did much of all these.

The wedding party came in from the rigors of photo taking back at the church and for some reason they looked very happy. A bit later they danced their first dance together as husband and wife and then the bride danced with her father. Then some of the very young children were having a ball with what might have been considered dance. May the happy couple continue to be so for as long as they live – and they have a chance for that as long as they trust God together for that happiness. ec

7 Comments:

Blogger ancient one said...

Hi, Another Ann suggested I come over and check out your blog. I like it! Seems like you had a busy, happy day...the best kind!~Ann

7/09/2007 03:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kila said...

May they dance for many years! :)

7/10/2007 01:08:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ You sure have been busy with weddings.-- I hope you have a break from them. Glad it all went well and I hope they will have a happy life together. It is nice that you and your wife read aloud to each other. Shared is so much better.
Take care, Rest Wishes, Mer;e.

7/10/2007 01:46:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

I'm glad my new friend Ancient One took my advice.

She had a picture on her blog of her blueberries and I immediately thought of you.

Lots of weddings in your life lately. I remember being so happy every time I was asked to play for one (many years ago in Arkansas).

The other Ann (aka granny)

7/10/2007 02:20:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Oops. Forgot I'd already said that about the blueberries in my comment on your penultimate post.

7/10/2007 02:21:00 AM  
Blogger Yours Truly said...

Hi Mr. Eddie!
I'm just catching up with your blog, and it certainly sounds like weddings and lovely experiences have abounded!
Any more weddings on the list?

Have a great week!

7/10/2007 06:20:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

ancient one - So glad you stopped by the 'patch' - come again anytime.

kila - My wishes for them as well.

merle - We also had another wedding this last Saturday the 7th that I am just now writing up and another on Sunday the 15th. Don't remember having that many so close together before. The reading is a togetherness thing and we enjoy it.

granny - Always glad to have someone stop in - I'll have to check out her blog as well. My Spice plays the piano - but not much anymore.

yours truly - This was the most weddings we have attended this close together - possibly ever. They were all beautiful in their own way. We had one last Saturday and another coming up on Sunday - smiles yet to come. ec

7/10/2007 02:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home