My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

job list

After helping FSIL construct his corn bag tossing game equipment in Texas, I decided that I would make one for us from leftover lumber stored in my workshop. Part of the wood was left from the bathroom flooring and part from a de-constructed platform bed that was made long ago when YD was much younger. Presently the two game boards have been cut, the round scoring hole fashioned and all edges are sanded. Both frames have been cut, put together and are ready for the final assembly.

Remaining to be done is to mount the board on the frame and attach the legs on the end and cut them to set the final angle of the board – and then paint them. This project has been a labor of “like” – I don’t use the term love loosely – and has been worked on between other projects. SSIL came over and helped me complete two of these projects that had been on hold since last Christmas.

The first of these was the mounting of a retractable air hose reel on the garage wall. The project was made a bit more difficult by the fact that it was above head height to keep it out of the floor space and to keep from hitting my head on it every time I walked by. It was definitely a two-man job and after a bit of effort we finally got it mounted to our satisfaction. This was to be attached to my existing air pipe system – I already had a loose 50-foot hose on it but that kept getting in the way.

The final attachments were done the next day – a one-man job. Having compressed air in the garage has been very handy over the years to air up the vehicle tires – also toys, air mattresses and such. My air compressor is kept in my basement workshop and is attached to the other end of the air pipe. Quick-connect outlets for air are also in the workshop to have pressured air in that location.

Our next project was to install a fold-up, in-the-wall ironing board in the washroom wall for the Spice. This involved cutting a large hole in the sheetrock and some electrical wirework. Even with all that, it seemed like the most difficult part of the whole job was putting the door on the cabinet. They left it off because it can be mounted to open to the right or the left – but we did get it attached eventually.

After we finally got it installed in the wall, SSIL went on home because I had to go get some supplies to finish the electrical part of the project. This involved a trip to Lowe’s but that was done before the day was out and it was totally finished that evening. It was a bit irritating to me today to discover that I made the trip for the same type electrical box that I found in my workshop – almost in plain view.

These two projects had been very prominent on my to-do list for quite some time but I had put them off due to health and energy problems – it felt very good to mark them off the list. They would have been there a while longer except for the SSIL’s help. A couple more electrical projects were tackled and completed today – an AC outlet on the island in the kitchen and another one in the Spice’s dressing area in the master bath. They were not difficult but very time consuming and took most of the day to get them completed.

With a grateful heart to God I want to say how glad I am that my health and energy are coming back, albeit very slowly, but I can tell that it is better now than just a few weeks ago. God is good, all the time. ec

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I’m glad your my health and energy are coming back, Mr. E. With all of the projects you are undertaking since your return from Texas, you must be energized like that famous rabbit.

10/03/2007 04:44:00 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Your post reminds me that I should begin preparing my "Honey Do" list for hubby. Around here everything has to wait until winter, when no farming is going on, to get anything done. Even then I have to catch him in between hunting trips. :-)

10/03/2007 07:31:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Glad you're feeling better.

Just reading about those projects of yours is daunting.

10/04/2007 08:35:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are about the busiest person I know!!
With business comes health and energy, so keep it up.
Betty G

10/04/2007 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Using up the words.... said...

Mr Ed ~
Indeed....God is good all the time!
So glad to hear that you're starting to feel better, and that you've been able to start tackling that "to do" list.

I could do with someone like that around to help me. If I could just grow a couple of spare arms it wouldn't be so hard.

Take care, you.

10/04/2007 05:06:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

SSN - I usuall run out of steam way before the bunny but it's better than it was.

brenda - Here's a thought - hide the guns and write the location of them - mix it with the chores and maybe he can do the chores while hunting for the weapons. :) He would get to hunt twice.

granny - Some of them had been on the back burner for a while - good to have them completed.

itsboophile - It's odd that you mention that, the accomplishment of the jobs did seem to translate into more energy. Was down in the workshop this afternoon just puttering around - usually I would be in the recliner.

UUTW - I heard it said that if evolution were true all Moms would have at least three arms - maybe more. That also might include very busy people too. :) ec

10/04/2007 11:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home