My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

stirring

In spite of the date on the calendar, it was a good day for me personally, in spite of the fact that I visited my cardiologist. A few years back they found that I had a leaking heart valve and I have been on a routine 6-month check-up since then. My heart rate and blood pressure had always been good. After my echo and electrocardiogram today he said that I was stable and extended my check-ups to every 9 months and I consider that good news from the doc’s office.

Although it is still hot today – 92 as opposed to 96 yesterday – I noticed that a fair breeze was stirring the leaves and limbs of the trees. This is a good sign that a weather change is on the way. There is a chance of rain tonight and a better one tomorrow with the temp coming down to 86 for a high. Any temp drop from the 90’s is one that I consider a good thing. In the stirring of the wind, the rustle of the leaves and the sighing of the pines needles one could almost hear a small voice say – hang on, the season is changing soon, autumn is coming.

My next appointment of the day was to sit with the two younger of the local gruntmonkeys while YD took GM3 back for a checkup on the ear problems he had experienced a few days back. It was very quiet after they left because the two younger ones were down for a nap. I had taken my tools to try to determine why two of their outside electrical outlets were without voltage and still didn’t come up with a reason. I’m running out of places to check – possibly a broken wire, hopefully not inside the wall. I wasn’t wearing my bummy clothes to get down and dirty with this problem, so the solution had to wait.

As I am wont to do, I worked some crossword puzzles, napped and did some more puzzles with a snack thrown in for good measure. YD and GM3 returned with the news that only slight remnants of the ear infection remained and he was on the mend. I departed from thence, arrived home safely and departed again with the Spice as passenger to go over to the county seat to vote in the local election they are having next week. The reason for this is that we will be in Texas visiting OD and clan during the voting on Tuesday coming.

With mostly positive elements and only a few negatives, the day was a good one. It even clouded up and gave us some rain in the evening for a change. God is good, all the time. ec

4 Comments:

Blogger Kila said...

Congratulations to both you and GM3 on the good checkups.

It's been very cool in Wisconsin the last couple of days! We'll be down in the 30's tonight, brr!

9/12/2007 12:42:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Glad for the good news from both of you.

Our temps still hit mid 90's in late afternoon but that should change to mid 80's by weekend. Early mornings have ranged in the 50's so I'm up early to accomplish the necessary before the heat catches up.

Sorry I haven't been around. We've been going through some major life changes and in addition my net was down for at least 3 weeks.

9/12/2007 02:16:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I’m so glad the check up went well, Mr. E.!

I hope some of the cool air we now have in Louisville makes it to you. A high of 77 F has been heavenly.

9/12/2007 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

kila - Good check-ups are always a good thing. Wow, I can't even relate to 30s this early in the year.

granny - We are hoping that this is the week when the heat finally breaks. I've been reading about your life changes of late and hope all will turn out for your good.

SSN - Thanks! Our temp was in the eighties today and hopefully for the rest of the week. We have also gotten a bit of rain with some more hopefully on the way. ec

9/12/2007 10:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home