My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

bald

As I thought and even pondered the many situations and conditions of life, I thought to list the advantages of being bald. Since this is the condition in which I find my own head, I certainly know a lot about the slick circumstances involved.

1-It is always neat. At least my head is most often neat, unless it has stitches or scars or bandages. Another exception would be an old bald hippie that lets the sides grow long and frizzy – something I would call a lunatic fringe.

2-I don’t have to pay for a haircut. The Spice trims the edges for me.

3-I don’t have to buy or keep up with a comb – nothing to use it on.

4-I have no need to buy shampoo, I just use the soap that I use on the rest of myself.

5-I don’t have to be concerned about the wind messing up my hair – unless a tornado came along.

6-The normal bald person wouldn’t have to be concerned about dandruff but such is not the case with me. The dandruff is there, I just don’t have anything to keep it in.

7-If a bald person is a runner or swimmer, they can move faster because their head is more aerodynamic and offers less resistance to the air or water.

8-If a bald person has any growths that need to be removed from their head, these are easy to find because they are in plain view – with hardly any shaving necessary to remove them.

9-I don’t have to worry about being current with a hairstyle, mine is always the same and in style. Many are now imitating the slick style that I have enjoyed for years.

10-If I am having a bad hair day; I’m the only one that knows it – and I’ll never tell – not much.

Speaking of buzzards, I noticed two of them while out and about on an errand. They were circling a local church and it made me wonder if maybe their services had not been a little dead of late. Surely that couldn’t be the case because church should be the most lively and joyous place around and Christians the happiest people. ec

9 Comments:

Blogger Kila said...

There are days I'm tempted to shave my hair off--being bald sounds like freedom!

11/07/2007 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Always look on the bright side!!

Thanks for the good wishes - Melissa and Zachary doing well according to my son.

San Francisco bought the porta potties from a company in France. They got the idea from Paris. I'm very glad ours have doors although if they didn't it might shorten the stay considerably.

11/07/2007 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

While I'm not exactly bitter, I don't think I'll ever be too thankful for this condition. No, I'm not bitter.

11/08/2007 05:21:00 PM  
Blogger ancient one said...

Haven't you guys seen that commercial yet on TV where the bald woman tells us Bald Is Beautiful?? Never ever have a bad hair day, now how liberating is that?

AS for the buzzard circling the church, we once had a dot get up under ours and died underneath it. The shortest man in church volunteer to crawl under and put a rope on him and some others pulled the dog out. They said he was really RIPE!! Something was dead, but it isn't our church!!

11/08/2007 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

11. You are already qualified to join a skinhead gang.

[:-)

11/09/2007 02:41:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bald!! At my age the bald comes in spots.
Betty G

11/09/2007 08:42:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

kila - I have several friends - and my son-in-law - who have done this very thing and their main reason was that it is much easier and quicker to care for.

granny - I know you are proud of this new little "grand" one. I was able to see the local gruntmonkeys just this evening and they have got me so wrapped. When the three little ones came running out and hugged me all at the same time it was a great feeling.

AC - I just have to be thankful for this aerodynamic condition since I can't do a lot about it. Besides no one would recognize me if I had hair. :)

ancient one - That is one I have heard way more than once and I agree that bald is beautiful - on a small baby. :)

SSN - I so much forgot that one. Maybe I could form a Medicare skinhead group and terrorize the weeds out in the yard. :)

itsboopchile - I agree that bald is in spots, it just happens that the spot covers the whole top of my head. :) ec

11/13/2007 12:03:00 AM  
Blogger Rhea said...

I have to tell my friend who is angsting about going bald. Thanks for these ideas.

11/20/2007 02:03:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

rhea - Sometimes it helps to just smile at the happenings of life. Thanks for stopping by the 'patch'. ec

11/20/2007 09:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home