My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Monday, November 12, 2007

somber

For a little over a week now our days have been very busy with hospital visits and then just routine stuff here at home. Our very close friend had been doing warfare with the grim reaper and last Thursday she lost that fight. The funeral home visitation was Sunday night and the funeral was today with interment at a local cemetery.

She left a mate – my best friend – also four offspring and eight grandchildren and all will miss her very much. The Spice and I grieve with the family but not as those who have no hope. We also rejoice with them in the sense that her faith was anchored in a Savior that made a way for us all to have eternal life with Him and we will see her again.

These folks have been like family to us for many years and our duty now is to comfort those remaining and do what we can to help them overcome this loss. If you are a praying person, they need these petitions and the strength and consolation that only comes from our heavenly Father.

I usually don’t write on totally somber themes and will make efforts to be back to my silly self in a few days. ec

8 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

sorry to hear about that. I'll be thinking of you, and also your friend and his family.

11/13/2007 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

I will have you all in my thoughts and prayers, Mr Eddie.

I know it is a comfort to the family to have such good friends as you and your wife.

Junie

11/13/2007 01:17:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I respect your grief, Mr. E., and will add you, the Spice, and the family of your departed friend to my prayers.

11/14/2007 01:24:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

I'm so sorry. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

11/14/2007 09:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers for you and the family too.

11/14/2007 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

sue - The family is trying to get back to 'normal', thanks for your thoughtful words.

junierose - Thanks! We are striving to help all we can to ease their pain, it is just a rough part of this human life.

SSN - Thanks for your care and prayers, it's just going to take time, as you well know.

granny - Thanks for your concern and the prayers, there is a hole in their lives that only time will take care of.

jayleigh - Thanks much for the prayers and even though the full blow of the loss has yet to hit my friend and family, they are grounded in the hope of Jesus and plan to see her once again. ec

11/20/2007 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Kila said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend. But how happy she must be right now!

11/21/2007 08:26:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

kila - So true and this is our great promise and expectation - to be with Jesus. ec

11/28/2007 10:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home