My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Monday, February 11, 2008

2 TX 0208

I forgot to mention that on Friday evening we had take-home calzone for supper – as good as or better than I have had anywhere. It came from a local place called All Star Sportsplex that serves food in the front and has an enclosed area in back to play various sports indoors. It is a very popular place to eat in or take out. After supper we all watched a movie together – The Game Plan – and it was fair but mainly something to do together. We old people were worn and weary from the journey and we crashed into bed soon after the DVD.

The Saturday arrived that we shall call 2-9-2008, namely because that is what it was. We were in Texas with OD and were up and about a little earlier than my body would have desired because we were going to see GM2 play basketball. She is a 10 yr old and she has played for 3 years now and while not quite a superstar, she does have a fair amount of hustle on the court. They played a very close game and it finally ended in a tie.

The rest of the day was a blur of just family type stuff, GM2 went to a BD party, GM5, FSIL and I hung out and OD and the Spice went shopping for a while. Later, we started supper cooking, FSIL went shopping (OD has a BD coming up), OD and I went for a walk and the Spice stayed with GM6. The birthday party GM2 attended was in the neighborhood and OD and I went by there to get her at the end of our walk.

We all joined back at OD’s for supper – we had a Tex-Mex dish called hamburger rice skillet. It was a bit warm in the spice department but not painfully so and was very good. Things were a bit fuzzy after that because of weariness so I showered and went to bed early – about 11pm – that’s early for me.

Sunday 2-10-2008 became a bright reality and things became a bee hive of activity in efforts to get ready for church. The Spice, OD and GM2 went to Joel Osteen’s church in Houston, FSIL went to their regular church to teach their Sunday School Class and I stayed home and sat with GM5. After FSIL came home, us guys hung around the house and did “man stuff” while the lady folks went shopping in Houston after their church service.

The young one and I did a fair amount of time on their trampoline and of course that experience really had its ups and downs. Then it was all around the yard in various activities and even got my clothes dirty. OD had not returned when time came for my walk, so I had to go solo. It was right around sundown and the temp was excellent for a walk – very energizing and draining all at the same time.

We all come back together for supper and it was a beautiful thing – God really did a good thing when He invented families. I was really starting to feel the effects of the day when I finally got a shower and went to bed. I think it was just too much time on the trampoline – large smile. ec

6 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr Eddie ~~ It sounds like you are all having a great time together and as you say ~ families are wonderful.
Enjoy the rest of your visit. Glad the weather sounds really nice as it has been here lately. Glad you liked the good advice in my post. Take great care and don't let the kids wear you out. Very Best Wishes, Merle.

2/12/2008 01:04:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you on the praise of God for families.
At age 82, what would I do without our family??? Friends are great, too, but they are passing on at our age.
So, keep loving your family, you seem to be doing a very good job of it now!!!
Betty G

2/12/2008 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mr Eddie,

Love to hear of your happy times with your family. Whichever ones you are with always sounds like wonderful fun!

Yep- God really knew what he was doing when he invented families! :)

Take care,


Junie

2/12/2008 04:31:00 PM  
Blogger Kila said...

Sounds like a good time!

On the trampoline, wow. Were you a little stiff the next day? ;)

2/12/2008 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

I love calzone but it's very hard to find around here. We did have a stuffed pizza from Papa Murphy's the other night that was similar but no top crust. Probably just as well - we don't need the extra calories.

We're having a spell of spring out here for a change.

2/12/2008 09:26:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - We are having a great time. The kids make me realize that I'm not as young as I used to be. :)

itsboopchile - Relationships and family are the only real riches.

junierose - I try to have a good time wherever I go and it's real easy when I'm with the "grands".

kila - Between the walk and trampoline I was worn out that night but not even sore the next morning. Need to remember to rest a little more though.

granny - Where they get the calzone doesn't look like much of a gourmet place but the food is great. The weather here in Texas and back home is very much up and down. ec

2/12/2008 11:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home