My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Monday, July 14, 2008

other days

Saturday began as a regular day and evolved into a “working outside and mowing till you drop” kind of a day. This particular kind of mowing was with the push mower and it involved mowing what the riding mower couldn’t reach. I wound up mowing a couple of areas that the riding mower could have gotten to simply because this mower was out and running.

Energy was expended, grass was cut down and I came inside to collapse. The collapse was postponed when it became a “cut peaches up for the Spice” day. Then I realized that I had some over-ripe bananas that needed attention. This attention came in the form of changing the day into a “make a banana pudding so the bananas won’t ruin” day.

Changing into my somewhat amateur chef’s hat – metaphorically speaking, whatever that means – I very carefully constructed a masterpiece, at least I thought so and my taste buds later told me so. I left it in the Spice’s care and in the oven to brown the meringue and I went in the den to have my delayed collapse in the floor on an ice pad. This usually involves dozing off and it happened again.

When I came out of the semi-coma, the Spice informed me that it was a perfect golden brown and ready for consumption. Extenuating circumstances caused me to eat three helpings right away. These were in the form of diet limitations that excluded any fruits and veggies after midnight on Saturday – for a medical procedure on Wed. This will be the notoriously un-fun colonoscopy.

Several other restricted things as well as another helping of pudding was consumed before the deadline – I’ll have to see if the leftover pudding will last until Wednesday. On Sunday the breakfast was bland but the scripture was refreshing. AM church was great and inspiring but the lunch back at home was again bland, one doesn’t realize how they miss veggies and fruit until they are forbidden.

Sunday PM church was again good and we went out with friends afterwards. The friends and fellowship were great but the food had to be bland again – fruitless and veggie-less. Monday arrived as another forced bland day and I made do with what we had available. Of course even the bland is better than the clear liquid day I’m facing tomorrow – not to mention what happens tomorrow night.

I did get some veggies picked today before the rain, many cukes, squash and tomatoes with a fair bit of okra. The rain started not five minutes after I came inside. Later I went to the grocery – anything to keep my mind off the BLAND. This is not the first of these procedures for me but I still don’t find them to be very much fun. Still in all, God is good and I am so glad. ec

4 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ Good luck with the procedure (that covers a lot) There is a humorous article on my friend
Warren'sblog.aboutcolonoscopy.
http://wazzasplace.blogspot.com/ if
you are interested. You sure did a lot of mowing and driving in the rain. And chopping up peaches.
Thanks for your comments, glad you
enjoyed The Whale story. I try to make midnight my bedtime, but it rarely seems to work. I had been cooking and had to get the chicken soup in the fridge overnight. Good
report on the ganglion - leaving it
alone for now. Take care and stay well. Best Wishes, Merle.

7/15/2008 06:42:00 AM  
Blogger ancient one said...

I still haven't done one of those... but my husband has done it two times. Hope all goes well!

7/15/2008 08:33:00 PM  
Blogger Kila said...

All that food sounds delicious!

I hope today went fairly well for you! Good luck with everything!

7/15/2008 11:33:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - I read the article by Dave Barry - hilarious, especially since I could relate to it so well.

ancient one - This one was my second - got a good report, am always thankful to God for those.

kila - It's always a good day with God. The procedure went well - I wrote about it. ec

7/16/2008 10:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home