My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

good

I could tell yesterday was going to be a good day even before all of it had arrived. This was the day I was to get my stitches out from my skin cancer surgery and that was good. Another good thing was that it had rained some two days in a row and really had the garden perked up. Eating my cereal this morning was a good thing because for years I couldn’t do that because of milk allergies.

Several years ago I found soymilk – Silk by name – and was able to once again chow down on cereal. My laptop has much Bible software and I’m able to do my scripture reading during b’fast – good. When I finish reading and exit the program it stays at that spot and goes right back to that spot when I enter it the next morning – saves having to mark the place each time.

I got out the door and got to the parking deck in plenty of time and got a decent parking spot – that was good. Walking in to the doc’s office I was able to view some beautiful red crepe myrtles in bloom – good again. I signed in and didn’t have to wait very long before being called – good. The stitches were quickly removed and the doc said that the report came back and she had gotten it all – good.

Left the area with several errands to run and the fact that I can afford a little gas is also a good thing. The day was overcast and moderate in temp and we were supposed to get more rain, this would be a slight miracle around here – it’s been so dry – and I’m in favor of miracles too – those are good.

Being allergic to regular toothpaste – particularly the fluoride ones – I found toothpaste at the health food store that does a good job and this is good – one of my errands was to pick up some of this. Next was to go by Publix to pick up some of the barbecue sauce to which YD had introduced me and it is somewhere in the neighborhood of wonderful – and it is also good.

Another good thing that I just realized was that since I am retired, I take more time to enjoy my surroundings, particularly those colorful ones of God’s creation. During some of these observations I have to hold on to my socks because the beauty thereof will almost knock them off. Whole rows of crepe myrtles were in bloom and some mimosas with their pink powder puffs were showing off.

As each errand item was checked off it got warmer and more humid, if that was possible but hot humid weather was better than no weather at all. I had driven the Honda because it got better gas mileage – this was good – but the AC was inoperative and this was not quite so good. One might say that there is good and bad in everything, I just choose to pick out the good.

The one good thing above all is that God is good, His mercy is everlasting and His truth endures to all generations. ec

8 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You said the AC was inoperative. How did you know I was being lazy?

7/09/2008 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

AC - Just a guess. :) I have been known to have several lazy times through the day. Got the Honda AC repaired today so the air is once again cool. ec

7/09/2008 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger ancient one said...

Such a good day! I had one much like it yesterday and today the results from the doctor was all good! God is so Good!!

7/09/2008 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Happy for you that those irritating stitches are gone and the news was good!

I miss my mimosa but I planted a row of crepe myrtle back during the spring so maybe they'll bloom next year. Something to look forward to.

7/10/2008 09:02:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ Still the blueberries are
producing. Great to have so many in the freezer for when they are not in season.
Sorry it is so hot for you and it's too cold here. I should have looked closer
at the rainbow picture, if that's a portable toilet. I know my eyesight isn't too good !! Take care, egards, Merle.

7/10/2008 09:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toothpaste at the health food store--will have to look for that.

Your Bible software sounds wonderful.

7/12/2008 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Using up the words.... said...

Mr Ed ~

I love the way you write, and make every day sound like such a blessing. It is, but too often many of us get swamped down in the bad - and forget that the good is much better to focus on.

I'm so glad that the report back from the doctor was good!

Great is our God!

7/12/2008 04:33:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

ancient one - Glad your report from the doc was good also, yes, God is good!

brenda - Yes, I am glad to be rid of the stitches. Crepe myrtles - what color did you plant? I will expect to see photos of the blooms next year.

merle - The berries are still producing but they are on the way out - probably two more weeks.

momto3cubs - That is the only place I can find this toothpaste. While there the other day I noticed a 1/2 pint of organic blueberries for $4.99 - wow, made me feel rich!

UUTW - Thanks, that is the way I look at life in general, the bad is easy to find and sometimes one has to search for the good - but it is well worth it. ec

7/13/2008 12:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home