My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, October 12, 2008

process

In the process of trying to get caught up chronologically I managed to get two weeks behind in real time. Since that bugs me to be behind time, the abridged version of those two weeks follows.

The project of cleaning out the garden was an ongoing theme for several of the days as was some inside work and babysitting. The big project of the week of was preparing a spot for the erecting of an outbuilding for lawn and garden equipment. This is to be a small building in the neighborhood of 12 feet by 14 feet. The main problem of this was the location that I choose for the construction.

The level part of our back yard is not extremely large and then it drops off to a slope down to the pond. On the brow of this decline was the spot chosen ā€“ the area that had contained our firewood stack for about 25 years. It was relatively simple to remove the remaining firewood but the small trees, vines and brambles growing amongst were not so easy and somewhat of a prickly situation.

Add to that the concrete blocks under the firewood, the scrap bricks, various pipes of metal and PVC, several steel cables and even a stack of glass panes. OK, I admit I have difficulty throwing things away. Over the process of a couple of days, all the loose material was moved and I started on the natural growths. This work involved manual labor and a fair amount of sweat.

I fought the dragginess of this old body until about Friday evening (October 3rd) and finally realized something else was going on. Saturday was rough but Sunday was rougher and the Spice had to attend church without me. By Tuesday it was plain to me that my medically repressed natural resistance was not fighting off this sinus/respiratory ailment. Hardheaded? Maybe.

I called first thing Wednesday morn and was able to go in to have the Doc confirm my need for an antibiotic. The visit and confirmation was made in short order, I went by the pharmacy for the meds and even that was quick. The bounce back was not quick but the recovery was started. By Saturday I was able to sit with the three local gruntmonkeys for the parents to be involved in a school function.

Sunday (October 12th) found me well on the mend and we attended AM church services. It is so good not be hacking away and better to be rid of the sinus headaches ā€“ which you probably know are not fun. Even though I have lost a week of prep work outside, Iā€™m looking forward to continuing on the morrow. In the midst of whatever, God is good, all the time. ec

6 Comments:

Blogger ancient one said...

Sorry you were sick. Glad you finally got to the doctor and got meds to make you better. My brother has been suffering something that sounds like what you had. He wound up at the doctor's too. I guess we'd better be getting ready to get those flu shots, huh?

10/13/2008 08:46:00 PM  
Blogger Kila said...

I hope you felt better today!

10/13/2008 10:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Busy is good. Sick is not good. Take care of yourself Mr. Eddie!!!!

10/14/2008 07:28:00 PM  
Blogger Using up the words.... said...

So glad to hear you're on the mend, and the projects can continue once more.
Yes.... All the time, GOD is Good!!!

10/15/2008 04:56:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Keep on keeping on.

10/15/2008 03:06:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

ancient one - It is good to be feeling halfway normal again!

kila - I'm on my second round of antibiotics but much better now.

jayleigh - My Spice says that I'm hardheaded about stuff like that - maybe not.

UUTW - The weather is getting just right for outside projects - I am glad.

AC - Feeling good is a good thing to aspire to - it is getting better every day. ec

10/16/2008 12:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home