My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, September 07, 2008

reminder

As I look around this world is in one big mess.

The words formed in my mind – “You can change the world for the better”.

My mind seemed to whine back – How can I change the world when I have days that I can’t even get my own act together?

The words came back – “You already have everything you need to change the world”.

How can that be, I really don’t have that many talents or abilities?

“I am not looking for ability but availability – your availability to Me”.

How can You really use me, I’ve made so many mistakes and failed so many times?

“No matter the mistakes, the failures or the downfalls – what matters is that you get up and try again”.

How will I know what to do?

“Have you tried reading the Instructions?”

I have read the Instructions but I need someone close to talk to – to explain them so I can better understand.

“But I have already said in the Instructions that all you have to do is to come close to Me and I will come close to you”.

Yes Lord, thank You for that reminder. ec

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You had an excellent dialogue. I wish more of us would have one like it.

9/08/2008 05:18:00 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I'm sure the world is better because of that too.

9/08/2008 07:31:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think the Lord has given you plenty to do.
The trouble with us is we never we do enough to satisfy ourselves, so think we aren't doing all that the Lord wants of us. He will let us know.
Relax,
Betty G

9/08/2008 08:38:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret Cloud said...

What a nice post, you are right the world is in a mess and we all would like to know what we can do and we know God is always there to pick us up, thanks for sharing with us. Thanks for coming by my blog.

9/08/2008 09:16:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

SSN - I totally agree.

brenda - I think many of us need to have a reminder now and then.

itsboopchile - Thanks for the advice, I'm talking to Him about the whole situation.

margaret cloud - Sometimes a feeling of hopelessness will overtake us if we don't draw close to the One that empowers and encourages. ec

9/09/2008 12:24:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

It's so difficult sometimes to look around me. Nevertheless, we keep on keeping on.

9/13/2008 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

granny - I agree that the looking around is sometimes difficult but then I realize Who is really in control and my soul is quieted. ec

9/15/2008 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home