My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, July 27, 2008

glue

It was another day and somewhere in our world a group of people or just individuals were engaged in sidesplitting laughter – mirth to the max and there I was with only a sly grin. Oh well, I’m sure I’ll find something hilarious before the day is out, even if it is nothing but myself.

As I was about to be involved in my evening walk, I found a whole congregation of geese down in the front corner of my yard. They were grazing and conversing in goose language and as I walked toward them they started to get a bit fidgety. As I neared, they started to nervously goose step in the direction of the pond – and then in unison they wingedly broke the bonds of gravity.

Their splashdown was on the near side of the pond en masse. On the far shore of the pond was another group of geese that also went to the water as I approached them. I did notice later in the walk that the two groups were still separated, possibly different political factions. I do know that some political factions are just about as silly as these flighted fowls – and maybe just as foul.

As I walk and weave my way along the asphalt driveway so as not to step in goose “deposits”, I ponder the vicissitudes of life and why we at times feel like that “deposit” laden driveway and then like the geese at other times. We live and work in a world filled with all sorts of “deposits”. One of our duties is to be careful that we don’t track these “deposits” back into our homes and family lives.

The only glue – and “deposit” repellant – that can hold our lives and/or families together is love and the only true source of love is God, in fact, He is the personification of love. Know God, know love – no God, no love. ec

7 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr Eddie ~~ Great post about the geese and the many blessings you have
Isn't it wonderful that we are so blessed, without even earning them.
Strange how both flocks of geese kept to themselves. Obviously not related.
I hope you are keeping well and it's
good you are able to wak again. Glad that you liked the Andy Rooney comments. Take care, Regards, Merle.

7/28/2008 04:46:00 AM  
Blogger ancient one said...

So you are enjoying your evening walks with the geese again, huh? You really had a bumper crop of blueberries this year.

I have an award fo you at:

http://everlastingmercy.blogspot.com/2008/07/sharing-love.html

Come see..

7/28/2008 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yes, geese are prodigious poopers.

7/29/2008 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

So very true, He's of the superglue form for me lately.

7/29/2008 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mr. E., I love the mind picture of a “congregation of geese” that implies to me that there may also be a “gaggle of parishioners.”

7/31/2008 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - It's very good to be walking again, it tends to clear the old brain and bring a good ending to the day.

ancient one - There are still berries out there, I picked some for YD to make some jam - of course I do expect to taste some of that. :) I appreciate the award but I haven't a clue as to how to receive it.

AC - These geese are migrating back and forth between the ponds here and some several miles away. They have been at the other ponds for the last few days - yay, they took their prodigious pooping to to other ponds!

brenda - It amazes me that some folks go to great lengths to leave God out of their lives and then wonder why everything goes to pot.

SSN - One can almost hear the giggle of the gaggle of parishioners. :) ec

7/31/2008 08:56:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely. I shared the word picture with a fellow clergyperson this afternoon and it gave him a grin as well.

7/31/2008 09:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home