My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Saturday, June 24, 2006

BT - shopping

Beach trip – 3 – Sunday’s weather was sunny and hot but with an ocean breeze it was very comfortable. Monday was very nice as well but started clouding up in the afternoon. As per usual, we brought some food items to cut down on the eating out expenses – this is with the agreement that I do the cooking. We had brought a small frozen roast and this was cooked for our late lunch. We also had rice and gravy and broccoli – it was a fairly simple but yummy meal.

After eating, we went out for an episode of shopping. At our last two stops we were racing the rain clouds, trying to get through before the monsoon hit. We just barely got back to the condo and unloaded when the clouds also unloaded, but does the rain really matter when one is on vacation – especially when no little ones are present?

On Tuesday we were out and about most of the day and it was again increasingly cloudy as we were shopping. The thought came to me that vacations are many things to different people. To my beloved Spice, shopping is a big part of her enjoyment while on vacation. To me the word shop is a four-letter word that I want to stay away from. But since she enjoys this venture – or adventure – we do include some of it in the equation.

My part of this part of her vacation mostly involves waiting and the carrying of purchases if any are made. The temperature was comfortable and I carried my small hand-held audio recorder for something to do – taping the happenings and thoughts of the day. She finally tired of this endeavor and this was a good thing because it had just started to sprinkle rain. We made it back to the van without major wetness.

Shopping is not totally repugnant to me if a place that sells hardware and/or tools are included in the mix. One of the two other stops we made between showers was one of these but the visit was much too short because of the weather. Reluctantly leaving one of my favorite places of business, Lowe’s, we got back to our home away from home with only a few drops of rain having anointed our persons.

No amount of raindrops could have dampened our joy of just being together in such a beautiful, relaxing place. ec

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I like simple meals sometimes. At our house, we call them "Hot, Brown, and Plenty of It."

The rain doesn't matter, so long as you're with the Spice!

I adore shopping too. And my darling doesn't. But like you, he goes along, because being together is better than being apart, he says. Such good guys, you are!

LOL at Lowes. My Rob only likes going to the Outlet Mall near here if I let him spend most of his time at the Black and Decker store. haha

6/24/2006 08:28:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

jayleigh - It was a great time of getting away from the routine with my favorite person in this world. Sometimes my Spice will even go into Lowe's with me as I drool over the tools. :) ec

6/24/2006 11:17:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I rather envy you the beach trip, even though I know that envy is one of the deadly “sins!”

6/24/2006 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I know what you mean about shopping. It doesn't take me long to get my fill of it. And I know what you mean about eating out (or not eating out rather). Not only does it get expensive, but one tires of it quickly. At least this one does. I like eating out but not steadily.

6/25/2006 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger Janie said...

Oh yes! Lowes! LOL My hubbie does not let me shop much on vacation, and he never cooks! We took a vacation and had a little rain; but like you we had a wonderful time. Glad you both had fun. Blessings, Janie Marie

6/25/2006 12:36:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

SSN - It was a very simple getaway but so very relaxing - and something to envy - or at least the Christian version of envy. :)

AC - For some reason eating out usually gives me heartburn - don't think it is the check but some of the seasonings they use. And shopping is a pain in the feet. :)

CGS - Right now Lowe's is my favorite place to go in and drool on the tools. But rain or shine, the Spice and I had a hoot of a good time. ec

6/26/2006 10:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home