My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Thursday, August 31, 2006

manipulated

The morning of August 30th began with a phone call – BIL had locked his keys in the car down at the local Hardee’s. After rousing MIL to get the extra set of keys, I took them over to the locked-out one. My plans to sleep in were then scrapped and I did a hard charge into a bright new day – yeah, right – more like a stumbling tiptoe through the achy muscles from yesterday’s mowing adventures.

Trying to keep my tasks light before I went to the spinal manipulator, so as to not necessitate a double shower today, I wrote a bit and replaced the popped out lens in Spice’s glasses and tightened the screw that was fortunately still in place, just very loose. One of the closet rods on Spice’s side of the closet had fallen and couldn’t get up – as well as the clothes thereon contained. This was repaired, strengthened and the garments were replaced back in their proper positions.

The Spice decided that she needed her spine manipulated also, so we cleaned up a bit and headed in the direction of the back-cracker’s office. On the way we took YD the portion of peaches we had gathered for her. Arriving at our destination, we hardly had time to sit down before we were called back to a treatment room. A bit later many of my vertebra were put in different locations, hopefully the right ones and hopefully to stay there for a while – I felt better all over more than anywhere else.

The doc cracked up the Spice also and we headed for the home front. The rest of the day was relax time so as to rest the back and not undo anything done by the manipulator and give it time to settle into the new positions. The most difficult thing I did was to peel and cut up some peaches for the Spice and I – several times.

Spoke to OD from Texas (on the phone, of course) for a while and she asked if we had relatives from Germany – this because GM5 was adding suffixes on most all his words that were distinctly German sounding. She got him to say some for me and I found myself hoping that they wouldn’t take him to an October-fest for several more years. Sure do miss those Grunts out there.

We have had some rain and the zinnias and marigolds in the garden are really showing off – the former with their bright oranges and purple-reds and the latter with their bright golden yellow. The heat (and the rain) has kept me from much serious work in the garden, which is definitely on the downhill side of the growing season. Even if I didn’t eat any of the produce, I would still just enjoy seeing the plants grow and give forth the veggies. God does all things well. ec

7 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

I wonder, do you make a list of 'Things to Do', when you awaken? You are certainly project oriented, or task oriented. A good way of being, by the way.

8/31/2006 08:20:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bonita - If I don't make a list the night before, I wander around half the morning wondering what to do. :) Or maybe just trying to wake up. ec

8/31/2006 08:37:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr Eddie ~~I hope you and your wife feel better after the spine manipulation, and that it lasts.
You seem to be a very HANDY man with all the jobs you get done. Good on you. Thanks for your comments, and glad you got a smile from the elephant. Take care, Merle.

9/01/2006 05:22:00 AM  
Blogger jay are said...

you "crack" me up. I think I need a cracker myself right now as my back, very low on the right side, is sometimes excruciatingly painful, especially if I turn a certain way. But there's something about finding time to go take care of it that always eludes me.

9/01/2006 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Sounds like you got a lot of things done. Yesturday I had a day like that. Today my friend Hannah and I are going to go on a walk and let God's beautiful sunshine help our bodies feel good and also lift our spirits a little bit. Even after the hardest 2 weeks we have ever had we still know that God does all things well.

9/01/2006 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I adore reading about your days. Your love for the Spice, your kids and the grunts is amazing, and your love for the Lord shines through all you say and do.

Bless you this day and always.

9/01/2006 05:33:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - Thanks, our spines seem to be getting along better. Even with what I get done, there are still many things to do looking over my shoulder.

jay are - The Spice is a fairly regular 'cracker' visitor, I just have to go on occasion. It seems to help when nothing else does.

adannells - My heart hurts everytime I think of Hannah and her unfathomable loss, but even in this God is faithful and is able to comfort, strengthen and encourage her. And yes, He does all things well.

jayleigh - Thanks for your encouraging words. Any love I have is modeled after the love I have received and am continuing to receive from my heavenly Father - not only does He love, He is love. ec

9/02/2006 10:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home