My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Texas kin

On Friday past, my daughter from Texas came to visit until the day after Thanksgiving. The whole crew came with her – FSIL, GM2 and GM5 – and it has been the good kind of madhouse since. They flew into Atlanta and NIL (nephew-in-law) went and picked them up for me since my back was in a snit. Saturday came and the whole crew went for the delayed birthday party for GM4. His third b-day was actually on the 13th, but the party was delayed until the other grunt monkeys could get here.

The party was held at the Pink Dipper ice cream parlor – in their party room, naturally. Present were YD and SSIL, OD and FSIL, Grunt monkeys 1-6, the Spice and I, MIL, NWT (niece with twins) and NIL and lastly, TS (their son). My SIL, NWT’s Mom, stayed with the twins since they can’t walk yet – in fact they can’t even crawl yet, plus they are very small – I began life as a baby myself.

Things went according to plans and an exciting time was had by the young ones – and some of the adults. We did have plenty of eyes to make sure they didn’t do damage to the facilities or each other. After the party, I took MIL home, YD took her crew home and the rest went to see the young twins. They have been so small that they were both in one crib but now they are starting to get in one another’s face – literally – and another crib will be forthcoming.

On Sunday, OD, YD and all their crews were present for the noon meal that actually took place a little later than that. It was a hoot! Little cookie crumblers were everywhere, squealing, playing, making noises, laughing, running, being loud and above all being cute. OK, it did jangle a nerve or two but we survived and still enjoyed it. Many opportunities have occurred for times of togetherness and many have taken place with our beloved out-of-staters.

On Monday, OD and the Spice went shopping for a good portion of the day and just had a good time together. FSIL was the main sitter for GM2 and GM5 and I was his back up after I got back from my appointment – we just held down the fort until the return of our better halves. That evening we all went out for supper at California Dreaming – it was a good day.

Tuesday began as cloudy and promising rain and true to its word, it delivered the wet stuff later in the day. We might could have picked a better day to go on our annual Christmas movie outing, but it was what it was. OD and FSIL had some errands to run so we drove separately and brought the three oldest Grunt Monkeys with us and met them at the movie. We saw ‘Santa Clause 3’ – let me state here that I did not pick the movie; I just went because I wanted to be with them.

My heart is made glad by the fact that God instituted and blessed the family to continue our world. I know that my children were always a blessing to us, but the ‘grand’ ones seem to bless even more – maybe we are just now old enough to appreciate them as we should. ec

12 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

Blessings and thanksgiving to all your littlest ones, MrEddie. May God keep everyone in His great care during the holidays.

11/22/2006 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~ Well it sounds like organised bedlam at your place, but all great fun. Wonderful to have everyone home for thanksgiving, and look at the great ? movie you saw.
Glad you are all having such a beaut time. Thank you for your comment and sympathy. Take care, Merle.

11/22/2006 01:34:00 AM  
Blogger Yours Truly said...

How wonderful to have a house full of family!!! Sounds like they are filling your heart with joy and your life with a bit more pizazz around the holidays!

11/22/2006 01:59:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bonita - Thanks Bonita and that is my wish for your family as well.

merle - With the other family coming in from Florida, we will have quite a house full but that will be great with me. I tolerated the movie to be with the family. :)

yours truly - I do love having family around and you are right about the joy and pizazz. To me these times of holiday are the best possible parts of having a family. ec

11/22/2006 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps the greeting gift of the holidays is the reuniting of families. You are blessed!

11/22/2006 11:36:00 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a very blessed one with your family! :)

11/23/2006 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

SSN - So true, one of the crowning gifts of God is the love and joy that can be found in families. I'm so looking forward to our two family events of Thanksgiving. ec

11/23/2006 12:11:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

adannells - Thank you and I wish the same blessings for you and your family. ec

11/23/2006 09:25:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Your quiver seems to be full these days.

11/23/2006 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

AC - Very true - with 'grand ones' and joy. God is good. ec

11/23/2006 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Sounds like a great time. Hope your Thanksgiving was joyful too.

11/24/2006 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

granny - It was indeed, my next several posts will be about this event. ec

11/24/2006 10:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home